oatmeal raisn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
ok so i know you can give buns raisens and i knowthey can have oat meal raisen cookies??? i let lyla have a peice of myarchway oatmeal raisen cookie(they are soft and delisious)andshe went bonkers!! i know surgar is bad bud do you think it would bealright ocasionally???

sara

I think everyone would say it's not a good ideato give them any refined sugar products. However, I haverecently given Bo a little nibble of a cinn/raisin bagel which heLOVES! and he's occasionally had a tidbit of a saltine.

My thoughts are that if it's only a tiny, tiny bit once in a great while.... and it's safe foods.... I'll share :)

it's so hard not to feed the littlebuggers!! i agree with Bo though.. sugar is a no no, butsometimes.. teensy little bits.. end up in bunny tummies:D i've been trying to keep them to only 2-3raisins a day. usually one when i get up, and one when i come home fromwork..

(but i MUST get a pic of when my hubby shares an apple with them.. mrlicks will eat at it while my husband is eating it! veddy funny towatch :) )

I was just wondering did your bunnies always like to try new things or is that something that happens more as they get older?

Wrigley is still pretty young (4 months), but I've tried giving himoats and he won't eat them, I gave him a little piece of banana hedidn't want that. He doesn't like trying new things unlessthey are greens like romaine lettuce and carrot tops.

i think it depends on the bunny :D mr licks hasalways tried new things.. especially sweets.. however, my princess willturn her nose up at banana and a few other things that most bunnieslove.. she's also more reluctant to take things from our hands that arenew. she's oddly cautious like that, however she's the one that willgive out tons of bunny kisses :)

babybunnywrigley wrote:
I was just wondering did your bunnies always like to try newthings or is that something that happens more as they get older?

Wrigley is still pretty young (4 months), but I've tried giving himoats and he won't eat them, I gave him a little piece of banana hedidn't want that. He doesn't like trying new things unlessthey are greens like romaine lettuce and carrot tops.
Bo didn't like banana AT ALL. He looked at me like I was a crazy person for even offering it to him.

Now, he can hear me pull a banana from the bunch! He LOVES his nananos!!!

I think they develope tastes. I also think they have to trythings in their own time. I leave a little plate with a pieceof whatever on it when I am trying things with him.

Last night I gave bo his romaine, parsley and I purchased some baby bokchoy and gave him a piece. He threw the piece in his bedwhile he ate the other stuff. I don't know if it was beingsaved for a midnight snack, or if it was being buried but when he wasdone with the rest of his "salad" he went over to the bokchoy and chowed! He kept looking for more. I thinkthat's a hit with him LOL!

I must try and cut down on the raisins.Twinkle could eat a bowlful if I let her. She tends to havearound 8-10 a day - my husband fed her loads the other day cos wedidn't realise they were as sugary as they are.

babybunnywrigley wrote:
I was just wondering did your bunnies always like to try newthings or is that something that happens more as they get older?

lylas is the same way no nanna no apples, just give me the greens kindagirl but i did find if you put it in their cage they will get around totring it then the next time you try they go nuts:)

is wriggly a holland lop??? do you have any more pictures??? pllllllllz

sara

I'm not really sure if Wrigley is a hollandlop. The people I have shown pictures to think he isthough. The only pictures I have of him on my laptop are theones I've posted here before. Here is the link to them all ifyou'd like to see them...

http://wrigley.myphotoalbum.com/

His ears haven't made up their mind yet lol...sometimes he has themboth up or both down, but most of the time one is up and one isdown. :D

Lissa didnt your bunny have surgery yesterday howdid it go,my dog got neutered and he had trouble coming out of theanesthesia and had to have ivs and stay at the vets all day i wassupossed to pick him up at 4 and we couldnt get him untill 8.What anightmare.bluebird

Not my bunny...tomorrow morning I take herin. I think I'll bring my sleeping bag and wait outside theroom. :(

gjsara a tiny bit every so often shouldn't causedamage. My rabbits love raisins. I gave them a little handful of muesliwith raisins, they love that. With a face like your bunny I'm suprisedyou can say no to anything she likes. I bet she gets spoilt rotten LOL!

---------------------------------

Lissa - Hope all goes well with your baby tomorrow - keep us posted!

Vickie

Latest posts

Back