O/T I can't believe this happened...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Something happened to my computer....I don't knowwhat, my dad said he was cleaning spyware.....he had to reinstallwindows and it scrubbed my documents.

I lost everything
icon_sad.gif

Every project, every video file, every document, journal entry,article. All my schoolwork, music, everything. Every picture ofthe rabbits, every picture of the kittens.

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

I've been crying for over an hour. I'm devasted and heartbroken. It's just so awful......I can't believe this happened.

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

Oh my goodness, that's awful! It's devastatingwhen something like that happens. Well, there's only one thing to do --start taking more bunny pictures to make up for it!

m.e. I know nothing about computers, but myhusband does, and he says are you sure they are gone. Unless your dadreformatted (?) the hard drive, they should still be there. If they aregone, I am so sorry. Is there anyone you know that had similar thingsthat could send them to you?- Jan

Thanks guys-

I realize now I should have done more back-ups, but hindsight is 20/20, so.....

from what I am gathering here and from other people, I should try asystem restore. So I think maybe we'll try that. It's just verydevastating, I put so much work into this computer :(

I am so sorry this happened to you. Ithas happened to me too:XIt is just devestating finding outthat all the information is gone...I hate that...I have cried beforetoo...its justTERRIBLE!

I just feel like smashing up the computer sometimes! I thinkthey call it "Rebooting" the computer when all your information is goneafter. "Reboot" is a HORRIBLE word!:XJust think of it as younever had the information you had before...and think of it as you got anew computer or something. It will make you feel a bit better. All youhave to do is start all over...and get new, special information,pictures ect. on the computer now.

Cassandra

I don't know guys....I think it's really gone.

My dad's pretty tech saavy and we have searched every corner of thisharddrive. I didn't have system restore enabled, nor did I save myfiles in a folder seperate from the OS (two things I wished I had knownabout earlier) :(

*sniff*

This is a situation whereyou wish you could go back in time. This hasn't ever happened to me,but a lot of things that I wish hadn't happened havehappened.

cd burners are good for backing upfiles. If you don't have one already the prices have reallycome down. You can back up your hard drive to a couple cd'sor you can just store pics, tunes etc on cd if you want.

Oh, m.e. I'm so sorry!!

That's horrible. I certainly understand why you'd be crying. I wish I could help you.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back