Not So Wild Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
When I was in Valdez there were a bunch of rabbits who were obviously not your regular cottontail and someone had obviously let some of them loose (I later heard from someone who lives there that there was a rabbitry for meat there and the story is that one of the guy's kids let the rabbits go instead of bringing them to dad to be killed). I took a bunch of pictures the first time I was there and posted them on the wild rabbits thread, but it seemed to make some people pretty mad that they weren't "real" wild rabbits, so I'm making a different thread with some more truthful advertising for the pictures from the second time.

bunnyfield.jpg

This is a picture my Dad took with his phone of me surrounded by bunnies

227.jpg

I counted 10 rabbits there, not sure if you can see them all in the photo

224.jpg

This is with NO zoom on the camera

222.jpg

218.jpg

217.jpg

216.jpg

They let me get really close as you can tell, the majority of them were babies and were a little skittish, the parents have obviously been domesticated at some point as they came up and sniffed me and let me pet them. They seem pretty healthy and look like they've been doing well for themselves.

Great photos!

Makes me sad, though, to think that these sweet buns are on their own to survive after being raised as domestics...though... :?

Where I live there is a farm that always has rabbits for sale...they are large, white...I don't get any closer to look...I can see them from the road. There are 2 wire pens on the grass with some shelter inside and always tons of bunnies. I am pretty certain they are raised for eating rather than as pets. (That's not uncommon in this area.) Sometimes I've been tempted to go there under cover of darkness and set them all free. *sigh*

Oh gosh! :shock:Wonder how many there are out there! Gorgeous rabbits!

In the other thread people weren't getting madat you for posting the pictures, just people gotupset thatpeople let domestic rabbitsin the wild. :)

Went back to Valdez over the weekend and here are some more pictures I took:

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

This is a bunny thinking my dad's pants might be delicious:

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

It looked like some of these guys had some Champagne D'Argent in them, which would make sense since they are meat rabbits... I also have 2 videos I took which are uploading now ;)

Oh, gosh, they're all so beautiful! Do you know how long they've been out there? How cold does it get in Valdez? Could they be rescued? I want one! I love the one in the last picture, so cute. They all are and they deserve loving homes where they won't be eaten and won't have to fend for themselves.

Aww...they're so beautiful...

I hope they're safe...and they're obviously domestic buns...

Hugs!

Rosie*

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Oh, gosh, they're all so beautiful! Do you know how long they've been out there? How cold does it get in Valdez? Could they be rescued? I want one! I love the one in the last picture, so cute. They all are and they deserve loving homes where they won't be eaten and won't have to fend for themselves.
This was my fourth time to valdez and I've seen bunnies there every time. I think if someon had the time to try and catch them with a live trap or something they would be pretty easy to grab since they are so human friendly...

Latest posts

Back