not eating veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
I was reading a post and read that JadeIcing has a bunny without any teeth. I have a question concerning Flash. When I adopted him he had terrible teeth problems but ate everything insight. He eats his pellets fine having many teeth missing and of course he gets cheek/molar spurs from not eating hay.

Last year he decided to stop eating veggies and I tried to cut them up small or put them in with his pellets. He used to eat all kinds of veggies but he won't eat them anymore. My vet said to increase his pellets and he'll eat almost 1/2 cup a day with treats. He just felt the pellets were more important then trying different ways to get him to eat them. He loves fruit so I was thinking it might behis teeth that maybe he can't chew the veggies very well. What suggestions do you have to try to entice him again.

I even contacted Oxbow and suggested to them about bunnies with teeth problems having a soft pellet like the cat treats Whiskas. She said there wouldn't be enough call for it and to just use Critical Care or mash the pellets. I thought soft pellets for Senior or for Teeth problems was a good idea.

For Dallas I will stick them in food processor. I will also sometimes mix in carrots and strawberries in it. I have even sprinkled oats on it. Ok so when I mix other things it is for special occasions.

I mix all kinds of veggies and fruitfor my skink. He is a picky eater.

Beau cannot eat veggies or hay but I have blended veggies down to a puree for him but he dosn't want to eat them that way.

he likes to take a stalk of parsley and cilantro and run around with it between his teeth , like a toothpick.

he eats BBt pellets and critical care mixed into a really sloppy slurry and he also eats canned pumkin with a little banana in it.

I really would like to try some new combos of soft foods for him

That's great Dallas likes the veggies that way, Flash is a picky one he won't eat pureed veggies. I've tried pumpkin he won't touch the stuff, he loves oats tho. He will eat the unsweetened apple sauce where I sneak his Metacam mixed in or mashed banana or pear. I've always said he's an island bunny he loves fruit.

I wonder if the baby food with less sugar would do the trick.

Dallas is one who never stops eatting.

Latest posts

Back