Not eating pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
I think perhaps...three or four days ago my inside rabbit, Harper, has stopped eating his pellets. He'll eat hay, veggies and is acting like his usual self. I know it's not the pellets themselves because my two other rabbits will eat them((and everything else!)).

I noticed yesterday he had actually run out of water((I'm a horrible bunny mother, I've already beat myself up over it ;-; )) so I gave him more but nothing really changed. Today he seemed especially lazy, but this is typical when he gets free run of his room two days in a row...

I can't figure out what's wrong, help me? :c

Have you gotten a new bag? Changed brands? Feeding more of stuff he'd rather have than you used to?

If not, I'd take him to a vet to get his molars checked. Each rabbit is different, but my Loki goes off his pellets first when his teeth are getting bad. Make sure the vet at least uses some sort of scope to see the back teeth, and an xray is a good idea if nothing is found on a visual exam.

Nope, nope and nope. I'm in the last fourth of food in the same bag of the same brand I've used for months. :/

I'll try to locate a new vet tomorrow somehow((my other vet went out of business after his placed burned)).

Do you think that he was out of water for more than a day?If so it could take a few days for his system to adjust again .

Usually if one of my rabbits stops eating anything thathe /she usually wants ...hay, veggies or pellets..I treat with liquid simethicone for gas.

Many times I don't know if that is the problem but oftenI find that it is .... and after a few doses they start eating again.

you might want to try the simethicone as it will not hurt your rabbit.. and then go from there.

Agreed with both. I'd listen to his tummy to check for gas too--but be careful not to get scratched on the ear! I hold my guys up to my ear to listen to their bellies and they don't like this very much.

Thanks everyone, but he's gone back to eating like the little pig he is. :p

I'm thinking it was just his water and took a little bit to kick in. But thank you so much for all the suggestions, I appreciate the help. C:

Latest posts

Back