Not Eating Pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
She isnt eating her pellets. Usally she attacks her pellets. It was like she barelly even noticed they were there. She ate all the romaine but no pellets. Any advice?

Has anythign changed in ehr world recently?

Is it a new bag of pellets?

Could be GI problems, or maybe molars?

Is she moulting?

No, NOthing changed. She is her normal self hopping around and being excited. She isnt moulting. SHe dosent even shed that much. I am kind of confused.

Edit to add: Now that i think of it it is a new bag of pellets i put in yesterday.

Hmm, you might be looking at a molar problem, but then she might be interested in the food but not able to eat.

Have you given them to her earlier than normal? Or is there anything super exciting in her cage?

I hope someone more useful comes along in a bit.

There was left over pellets in the bowl. Buddy didnt eat them all. I dumped them out and gave them some Kaytee pellets and now they are both eating them. I think it had to do something with that bag of pellets. Thanks for your help.

Good thinking :)

Maybe those pellets were dodgy somehow.

I have a little buck who has decided that "normal" pellets are beneath his delicate palatte. He actually picks through ALL of the pellets and removes the normal pellets, tossing them on the cage floor,leaving only the Calf Manna and Oxy pellets to dine upon.

I have found that keeping a fresh supply of hay in his cage tends to increase his appetite and he will "lower" himself to eat the normal pellets. Since he is still young, I watch how much timothy hay he gets however.

Some buns are just prima donnas ;)

~Stacie

Back