Night light!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

featpete

Reaction score
My room is pretty much pitch black when I go to sleep. I assume rabbits have pretty decent night vision, but I don't think that helps too much if he can't see at all. I noticed that even if my bunny was awake at night, he wouldn't move around his cage too much so I decided to get a night light that I could put nearby his cage.

I went to Target and got a night light for $1 and a 6 foot extension cord for $1.50 so that it could be placed nearby his cage (but not directly shining at him) AND IT IS GREAT. When he sleeps, he sleeps, but when he's awake, he's pretty active! He'll eat, drink and walk around his cage.

Do any of you provide light at night for your rabbits and are they active? Do you have bunnies that are active in the complete dark anyway?

I have night lights for all the bunnies. Mine aren't too active during the night, I guess they know Mommie needs her Beauty sleep.:biggrin2:

Susan:)

slavetoabunny wrote:
I have a friend that has a table-top sized lighted x-mas tree for her bunnies. It provides just the right amount of light.

:laugh:That's too funny!!

I leave a nightlight on for my buns. I don't know if they actually need it, but it makes me feel better ;).
They are active at night. I often hear them playing with toys, digging in litter pans, drinking from water bottles, thumping at each other, etc.

On a side note........I also leave the TV on for them during the day.

I don't but in the room threre in theres a window on the top of the door leading to the hallway and that light is on at nightime so they get a bit of light from there.
The door is always closedbso just the correct amount comes in!

I also used to leave the curtains open at night, that way when the sun comes up its natural happening like it would in the wild and not going straight into light when I open the curtains. Now though I close them to keep in heat as I'm up before sunrise so its the same thing!

Well, considering wild rabbits would have moonlight most nights (except when there's a new moon), I'd imagine they'd appreciate a little nightlight in the house, too. ;)

The window in Gus's room doesn't have a blind/drapes, so he gets plenty of light at night. Still don't hear him playing much. Lazy bunny. :p

Rue

slavetoabunny wrote:
JimD wrote: On a side note........I also leave the TV on for them during the day.

What channel do they like to watch?

I used to put on the Animal Planet channel....until our cable company made it a "premium channel".:grumpy:

Now I leave it on our Traffic and Weather channel.
I think the buns like the calm and quiet voices of thepeople doing the reports.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back