NIC Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Ok everyone, I need your help.

I know many people use NIC cube cages for their rabbits and me and mydad are thinking ahead to the next house. We bring my rabbits in thegarage when it gets over -30*C/-22*F because I worry about them so much.

Well my dad is about to go outside and start building some temporarycages in the garage by covering an open shelf in chicken wire. Noworries, it will be 2 layers and completely enclosed so I have nothingto worry about with them. And it's only for the nights since they canstill be outside in their cages when it's warmer during the day (not abig change in temperature).

However, my dad was just saying we need to make some temporary cageswhen we move into the next house for them and it came to me -- howabout setting up 2 relatively small NIC cages in my dad's work part ofwhat will be a 3 car garage?

The thing I need to know is what all do you need? Is it expensive? Where can you get them?

Thanks.

First you need to find the cubes. Ifound them at Target in the office furniture and supplies.It's called an "ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT" I think there are 24cubes in it.

Next you need cable ties. SEVERAL!

Whatever you want for flooring, I used nic cubes with plastic lightingcovers over them. (the kind with the small square holes)

The cubes per box were $15

The ties for $100 are about $4

and the flooring cover was about $3

I am adding some small square screening material, not screens butsmaller than chicken wire, to the second level so bo doesn't get hislittle leg caught and break it or something..... here's a pic :)

I forgot to mention one crutial point -- I livein Canada so they have to be Canadian stores. As far as I know, thereis no such stores as Target and Sam's Club here.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I forgot to mention one crutial point -- I live in Canada sothey have to be Canadian stores. As far as I know, there is no suchstores as Target and Sam's Club here.

Laura, maybe you can search some Canadian stores online. That's how Ifound where I could buy the cubes in my area. Think of some stores nearyou, then search for the cubes at their online stores. Then all youhave to do is call or drive to the local store and see if they arecarrying the cubes, too.

I did search the web but found nothing that isworth buying. Walmart has a box of 12 of those dividers used to createthose cages for $20.00. I'd need possibly 3 and it's just not worthgetting. I'm starting to think that me and my dad will make some smallinside cages. They wont be in them all winter, it's just for coldnights.

Right now we converted a shelf into a temporary rabbit cage. It's verymake-shift! We used chicken wire we have in the shed, doubled it up,and secured it by attaching scrap pieces of wood to the outside (Iwouldn't use scrap wood within their reach). We used cardboard to linethe bottom of the cage in hopes that it would stop most of the pee fromdripping down onto my dad's stuff. The roof is a heavy piece of wood(it's heavy even to me) so I know the bunnies cannot push it off andit's too high for them anyways. No worries, all hazards are WELL out ofreach.

tempcage.jpg

Latest posts

Back