Next Step After (Megacolon) Tummy Upset?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Zoe's been pooping okay for several weeks'. I put a plant enzyme/probiotic compound (powder) on her greens and figured that it wouldn't be harmful to use a bit of Romaine onlyuntil I could get more greens today. (We ran out of all other greens after yesterday morning's feeding; soshe had two smaller helpings of just Romaine.) Apparently, I was wrong in my thinking.

She pooped fine last night but has produced few large andsemi-mushy/slimy fecals today. I suspect the Romaine is the issue, andI'm scared that I've imbalanced her gut.I REALLY don't want to take her back to the vet for this (essentially neverending) issue.

Is there something that I should do to help her system along? I need to get the probiotic in her;feeding her greens is the only real way to do that. Maybe just feed her parsley tonight (which doesn't seem to cause her problems)? Even feed her less greens than normal (and no Romaine for a spell) and let more hay work thru her system?

Thank you,

Jenk

angieluv wrote:
that sounds good..feed her a little parsley and then just feed her more hay and maybe a little parsley tomorrow ;; I think that she'll be OK
Thank you, Maureen. I just get panicky once her gut slows down; in my mind, it won't start up again on its own. (I'm still unsure if I'll push to bring her along for her own vet appointment, or not. But since Emma's going anyway....)

I'm sorry to keep you so busy (in terms of replying to my multi-issues) today. :(

As already mentioned, a little parsley is good.

Nutri Cal is great. Vitamin E (contained in Nutri Cal) is also good.

Pam

Latest posts

Back