Newly spayed rabbit mounting her mate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
I can't believe it: Asha was only spayed yesterday and i just caught her trying to mount Lint:?

I know this is my 7th rabbit to be fixed but I could still do with some support:(

I would be careful I have never done a female rabbit but I know my dog was moving to much and open the insision.

Can you seperate her for a few days. So she cant jump or anything I would say 4 days tell the insision has a good scab. Thats what i look for.

If I do any female animal. Hope that helps

I have put so much effort into not unbonding them that it seems a shame to seperate them now. It really suprises me she feels like mounting:?

I would watch the insision can you put them right next to each other so there is a wall inbetween then. Like NIC grids. So they can love and play but she cant mount for a few day

I'll have to set something up if I catch her doing it again. Wound is healing really well at the moment

Becca has changed totally since her spay. She tried to kill Mousse and took a month to rebond then she tried to kill her again, no just mounting, so I had to seperate. Now that she is alone she is very agressive. My sweet darling has turned into a complete devil :( I hope your girl does not, it worries me about doing the other rabbits now.

Asha always used to be mounting Lint although Lint is the dominant and Asha is only half her size. So it's not new and Lint doesn't seem to mind. I am just a bit worried she'd overdo it

Latest posts

Back