Newby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyblu

Reaction score
My 9mo old female netherland dwarf is actingstrangely and she appears to be producing milk??? She is somewhatswollen around her nipples. She is a house bunny and has never beennear another rabbit. Is this a normal form of development?

Welcome to the forum,babyblu,

Rabbits can go through false pregnancies. That said, theproducing of milk is odd if she's never been in contact with anotherrabbit. If it continues, I'd take her to the vet to have herchecked for a cyst or other problems.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Thanks for the reply...I welcome advice from moreexperienced owners. She (Baby) is still swollen and quite sensitive.She is chewing on everything from magazines to speaker wires. I havemost every wire hidden or wrapped but she seams to find them! She isalso scratching and digging...keep in mind she is an indoor pet...youcan't dig too far on the sofa or carpet. I like to give her the run ofthe room during the time I'm with her, but I had to put her in herhutch today. How long is a rabbits gestation period anyway?

Latest posts

Back