Newborn Baby Weight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traci

Reaction score
Hi!

My female lionhead has just given birth to 4 newborn babies on Thursday October 11th. They look healthy, having round bellies, no wrinkles skin, warm and they like to move around a lot! I am just wondering if someone could tell me how much they should weigh each day so I can keep track on how much they are gaining in case they lose weight or dont gain anything. Right now they are between 2.5-3.5oz. This is my first time caring for baby bunnies and I just want to make sure they are healthy and being the right weight.

Thank you so much!

There's no fixed rule, but the dwarf babies I raised seemed to gain a couple of ounces each week. Just continue to check them after feedings, and as long as they continue to have nice round ping pong bellies they should be just fine.

If you need any info on caring for baby buns and what to expect, this link has some good info.
https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm

Thank you so much! They have very round bellies and seem to be pretty healthy.

Hi!

My female lionhead has just given birth to 4 newborn babies on Thursday October 11th. They look healthy, having round bellies, no wrinkles skin, warm and they like to move around a lot! I am just wondering if someone could tell me how much they should weigh each day so I can keep track on how much they are gaining in case they lose weight or dont gain anything. Right now they are between 2.5-3.5oz. This is my first time caring for baby bunnies and I just want to make sure they are healthy and being the right weight.

Thank you so much!
dear traci,--I use a digital scale,-the display is in meteric and u.s.standard-weights,{-meteric ie,kilo grams is you more prescise }-weigh them all daily before and after-every feeding-until you are comfortable about each ones growth pattern..oh,yes write all this down on your homemade chart...best-blessings-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail rip

Latest posts

Back