new tricks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
The day before we left on vacation, Fen was outrunning. We were in a hurry to go, so I decided to try a new tack,rather than chasing the little stinker til kingdom come! I knelt downand called "Feeenwick, Fenwick...." etc. etc.--and to my shock, hecame!

Then the little brat took off again, just out of reach! So I lowered myvoice and growled "Fenwick! Turn around and GET OVER HERE!" Hisairplane ears drooped, he stopped dead, turned around and came back!:shock:

You could have knocked me over with a feather! He's NEVER done anything like that!

So I tried it with Izzy when we came back. Well, that was just tooeasy. She turned around and came running right to me! I scratched herlittle head and scooped her up!

However, when I tried it again with Fen today, he came running up,stopped dead about a foot away, and took off with a twinkle in hislittlebrown eyes!

It was like, "No mom, I'm not READY to come in yet!"

What has gotten into those two? I could never get them to come whencalled! Now if I can get Pandemonium to stop flipping out when I catchher, I'll be a happy camper! I obviously will never get HER to comewhen called! lol Oh well, maybe if I stomped on the ground she'd feelthe vibrations.

This is coool....:dude:

Rose

I must be lucky, I've never had problems catchingmy boys! I put them out in their outside runs when weather permits inthe morning and put them in their hutchesaround 9:30 pm forthe night (if I'm home). When I go out to catch them, they are bothsitting by the fence waiting for me to come pick them up and put themin, once or twice Mocha has seen me come for him, does 2 quick runsaround his whole run and stops at my feet. Normally he sees me andstarts eating grass as fast as he can, lol. He doesn't know his namethough so doesn't come if he's at the other end of his run. Spice onthe other hand, knows his name well! You call him and he comes running.My biggest problem with him is that I can't walk without having to lookfor him, he's always between my feet or trying to be right by me.

Perhaps your bunnies thought that mom needed a break from bad behaviorfor a little while! Or perhaps, as in BunnyMommy's case, they didsomething bad you don't know about. ;)Don't hold your breathfor Pandemonium, as soon as she comes when called, the others wont! I'dcount yourself lucky that some come at the moment! lmao.

Yeah, Bunbun was like Spice. I miss Bunbun!

Pandemonium won't ever be able to come when called, because she'sprofoundly deaf. So I need to figure out some way to get her attention.That's why she flips out when caught--she has no idea I'm behind her!

Rose

Latest posts

Back