new to bunnys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barney_i_luv_u

Reaction score
hi every 1:D

i was just wanting toask if any of u grow any of your rabits food urself?

: and what diet is best for my pet barney

and last sorry to go on how to prepare for barney cuming home.

thank you lun me and barney:D

Well we pick the dandelion leaves in our garden for our buns, they also chomp on any herbs we're growing at the time.

Which country are you in? A good quality pellet food alongwith plenty of hay will be good to start you off. We useBurgess Supa Rabbit Excel, but I'm in the UK so it will be differentelsewhere. Rabbits need to eat all the time to keep theirdigestive system going, so lots of hay in the hutch/cage!

Basic things you'll need are: A food bowl, water bowl (make sure it'sheavy or else the rabbit may tip it over)or bottle, sawdust,hay and pellet food. A poop spade is always helpful forcleaning out, we also use a little brush to get all the sawdustout. You can use vinegar and water or a pet friendlydisinfectant spray to clean your rabbit out. A litter box mayalso be useful as your bunny will go to the toilet in it. Allyou do is fill it with litter or sawdust andplace it wherethe bunny goes the most, which will mostly be in a corner of it'schoice.

I forget half of the things I have... so someone else may be able to help with any other things you may need!

Good luck with your bunny and welcome to the forum! :D

Ang xx

thank you for your help i hav done lots ofreading frm books on rabbits but i just wonderdid if u thort anydifrent this will be my first rabbit . thank you for your help

Well you've done the right thing by reading up,etc. Everyone here will help as much as they can if you haveany more questions.

Pets at Home have Supa Rabbit Excel. It's a bit moreexpensive than the cereal food but has less additives in it.I think Luvabun (Jan) uses a different brand and she's from Newcastle,so maybe she could give you the name of the one she uses and you couldsee how it goes.

Ang xx

Welcome to the forum :D! If you are in the US or
Canada a good brand of food is Oxbow for both hay and pellets. A goodpellet should have at least 18 % or more of crude fiber and 12 % ormore of crude protein. Check out the post " A Cheat Sheet For RabbitCare" above. :)

Hello and Welcome! Glad to see that you are doingresearch before you get your bun! I grow a vegetable garden every yearand in it I include, carrots (the leafy tops are good for buns, thecarrots in small amounts because of a high sugar content), and SwissChard. I plan on incorportaing some more bunny healthy treats in mynext planting, like Dandeloin and some other lettuces. They also likeclover flowers and the branches off of our Raspberry bush when they arejust starting to bud. Good luck with your new bunny, they are a lot offun.

Fergi's mom

We haven't had Bo long enough for fresh from thegarden stuff. However, this year, I am going to make sure weplant a few things he likes! Romaine, and freshherbs!

I won't have any trouble finding a fresh dandelion green for him to eat. :?

Delphinum wrote:
Well you've done the right thing by reading up,etc. Everyone here will help as much as they can if you haveany more questions.

Pets at Home have Supa Rabbit Excel. It's a bit moreexpensive than the cereal food but has less additives in it.I think Luvabun (Jan) uses a different brand and she's from Newcastle,so maybe she could give you the name of the one she uses and you couldsee how it goes.

Ang xx
Hi, welcome. Yes I use a pellet food called Science Selective made bySupreme Petfoods and my bunnies love it. Have you any pictures ofBarney, cos we love seeing everyones bunnies :)- Jan

Hi and welcome, I haven't been here all that long but you'll find everyone here very helpful and friendly

Latest posts

Back