New to bunnys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

Reaction score
Hi, i need to kno a few things bout rabbits

1. i cant get my bunny out of the cage, it wont let me pick it up, how do i get it.

2. i often let my bunny out of the cage and recently it escaped out tothe streets and hung around the front of the house for a week and icant get near it but it came bak so y does it escape?

3. wat r some good recipes for bunny food

4. i think im goin to get a new bunny for the company of dotty ( my bunny) so wat would be a good cute breed to get

thanks

Well, there are a lot of great topics that havebeen posted here that can help you out. I'll bump some up for you. Youcan also scroll down to the bottom of the topics menu, and check outthe other pages. Lots of good info!

~M

WelcomeJake,

Bunnies don't always bond together well.The bestadvice I've heard about introducing another rabbit is to go to ashelter andhave each rabbit introduced to your little one andseehow they get along.There are othermethods, but I wouldn't assumethat all bunniescanbe buddies without a hitch. Check out the bonding site listedin theone of the two posts m.e. brought back foryoubefore you make yourdecision or move on getting another.

m.e. is absolutely correct. You may try perusing the boardand different subjects to find some discussions that relate exactly toyour questions. (Thanks for searching for those posts, m.e.,and bringing them back.)

-Carolyn

P.S. As to hercoming out of her cage, just leave it open andshe'll hop out sooner or later. You might offer her a treatwhen she does come out.

yea she hops out if i keep it open with a stick but i mean to pick her up and bring her inside and stuff

so do the males decapitate the babys heads?

As answered by bluebird in your last post on this:

The male may step on the babies if left in the same cage and they donthelp take care of them anyway.I would ask the vet how long they needseperated after surgery.our horse had to be away from mares for amonth.bluebird

so r the babys in danger if i just leave them how they are after birth

You should place babies in their nestbox and makesure they remain there so that the mother will feed them and they won'tcatch a chill. Check them every morning to see that theirbellies are nice, fat, round, and warm. If they're not, it'san indication the mother isn't feeding them and you'll need tohelp. They shouldn't appear wrinkly or shrunken.

The father shouldn'tremain with them as sometimes the motherwill react in a negative way to them if the father is with the mother.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back