New rabbit got runny eye.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
Ok, I got a 12 week old rabbit 6 days ago. Hes a lionhead lop, a male! Hes settled in fine, was well used to people etc. Only problem Ive had was not eating the cecals (night droppings) but I heard that can be normal, from people on here.

Now though, just today I noticed one of his eyes is wheeping and runny. I then just found out that another rabbit from where he was before I bought him had two sore eyes which were wheeping. So maybe its the same thing? Im so scared. Im worried my other rabbit may get it. They arent being kept together though, the new rabbit it kept the other side of the room in a temorary pet store cage.

But anyhow, any idea on what could be wrong, Im going to clean it soon with a damp cloth.

Any help would be great.

It could be conjunctivitis which is a bacterial infection of the eye... it is contagious so be sure to wash you hands before you touch your other bunny.

It is time for your bun to get his 1st checkup at the vet. if it is conjunctivits and is left untreated it can become serious. The vet may give you antibiotic drops or salve.
let us know
it will be helpful to clean with a damp cloth but you also need to take him to the vet.

Ok thank you!
Is it contagious that I can get it aswell or just rabbits?

Do you think it is ok to leave him until saturday before the vets or should it be sooner?, I have school and I will have to take the day of other wise.

Probably can wait until Sat but not any longer than that . Could someone else take him to the vet before that for you? I don't want you to miss school. :shock:

you cannot catch conjunctivitis from him but your other rabbit could

Ok thank you, will do it sat but if it gets too badIll bring him earlier.. No no one could do it, my brother is the driver and he has college untill then!

Should I just cleanit with a damp cloth till then? Anything I should put on it?

Latest posts

Back