New problem for me - Need advice please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a lil stumped. Lol. Can you help me out? I just got my new foster and as I was checking her I noticed a few problems. One of them is with her eye. She has blue eyes but in one eye, the blue kinda cuts off and then it turns like a black color??? Like if part of the iris (is that the right part? -lol) is cut off?

Is that a problem? What can it be?

I'm having no reaction at all to finger activity, unless I downright poke her eye :?Lol. I didn't don't worry :pI am looking for a little light or something I can use to check.

It could be that she just doesn't react. Wiggles lets me do just about anything without reacting. Lol. So kinda hard to tell. :huh

We realised my Boofa was blinds when she always ran clockwise, she never ran in a straight line and never EVER turned anti-clockiwise (she couldn't see it, so didn't know what,if asnything, wad there). Maybe you could try putting then bun on the floor and seeing if it consistently runs in a cirlce the same way.

I qwould guess that if she has vision then it's probably nothing major and something old? Don't know about if she has no vision though.

Well it's only one eye so I guess she wouldn't run in circles? She seems ok. I will put her on the floor in a few mins and see how she acts though. Thanks :)

I'm looking for the thread on the eye problems. Will see if I can find anything there.

if its one eye, and she is blind in one eye, she will always run towards what she can see, so if the left eye is blind, she will run towards what the right eye sees, so to the riught, and vice versa.

A totally blind bunny would proabbly act totally different from that.

Good luck with thread hunting, hopefully someon euseful will pop up in this threas ffor you in a bit :)

[align=center]Ok I drew it so you could see. My cam can't do close-ups so had to draw it. Lol[/align]
[align=center]
eye.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]It looks like that. The shady part is not like black black, more like a dark grey or something. I checked in the library, but it doesn't look like anything in the pictures. It really looks like it's inside the eye?[/align]
[align=center]I haven't seen it before so I really have no clue :)[/align]
[align=center]Maybe it looks different from the things I've seen in the library because it's something that'sjust starting?[/align]

Does it look like these?
100_1888a.jpg

Feyseye.jpg

It's ok. It's just different colors in the iris, it happens sometimes with blue eyed rabbits. It has an actual name but I can't remember it. Those are Fey and Sprite's eyes, by the way.

Okies I see it, yes that's exactly it. Okies thank you! I wasn't sure but didn't want to not ask in case it coulda been something. Lol. Thanks everyone! :biggrin2:

HI guys!!

Thought I would include my own experience in this...

Flower's eye color is mostly DARK brown, except that the bottom half of her right eye is ICE BLUE. Back when I first brought her home, I asked about it, and Naturestee's same pictures she posted here helped clear things up (as well as AWESOME advice by Pam), so I thought I would include the thread here in this one, for future reference.

Hugs!

Rosie*

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14443&forum_id=8

And here's a good picture of Flower's right eye:

000_0348.jpg

Latest posts

Back