new litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mythcastle

Reaction score
Picture003.jpg

heres my new litter box design. let me know what you think. and if you want i can tell you how and what parts i used to build it..first picture is of parts.

Picture006.jpg

i use equine fresh its 6 bucks for a 40lb bag at tractore supply. its makes great compost for the garden and keeps bunnys area smelling clean

Picture008.jpg

i add clips becouse my bunnys move the box around this stops them from moving it i place two on my container with zip ties and clip them to my cage.

Picture010.jpg

finished box.. its a great size for two angora bunnys and keeps their fur clean. i have also made a smaller version when i had one bunny i used a cat litter box with half side wall which i purchased at target for 6 dollars.. hope you like the box..and yes my bunnys are spoiled..

Nice work, I have found that with mine using just the PVC risers works just fine...no need for the solid PVC. I bought a long PVC tube and cut it into the sizes I needed. I used a hand saw, but found it went faster with a Miter saw. I only use 1 sheet of the eggcrate tho...saves money and time on cleaning. This is all just me, u do what works best 4 u.

i used it for strength becose both bunnys seem to like toi be in the litter box at the same time. when i used just the risers they seemed to get dirty butts now they stay clean..i will probley get rid of one of the grids if they stay clean...crazy bunnys the stuff i do for them. lol

OH I c makes a sense to me :) My 3 girls are all in there at the same time too, but I just go in and spoon out the crud to keep it clean then freshen it up. But your litter pan looks nice and works gud 4 u...nice work huni!!!!

Back