New girl pees everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsend

Reaction score
I just thought this was interesting and wanted to see what you guys thought.

I just had a bunny surrendered last week - aprox 2 year old Lop. Cute as pie - really sweet girl, she is a lot of fun. Apparently she was living inside the house - loose, and is completely litter trained and very clean, etc. etc. I don't bargain on any bunny being surrendered or coming to us from a shelter or rescue being litter trained, but this lady sent along litter, a litter box, etc. Well Hope moved into the bunny room, all was great, came up into the living room, and she pees everywhere! All the time... She isn't spayed, but she will be. However I've had unspayed does and BUCKS in the house loose and they do not pee, and if they do, it's just a little from a buck... even the bucks have not sprayed in the house. SO I'm wondering why this girl pees so much? I mean she sprays pee, rolls in her own pee... It's just strange to me, because even our rescues from meat farms that lived in shedstheir entire lives and were not handleddidn't do that when they were able to be loose in the house for the first time ever.

She's been here for a week now, and still doing it when not in her house... It's just because she's somewhere new? I know the not being spayed yet is part of it, but I personaly still find it strange.

Guess she is just one very hormonal bunny :?She reminds me of Annabel who loves to play in her puddles as well. Let me know when you figure it out :p

Since she's not spayed yet and if she can smell other buns, especially males, that would be adding to her behavior. Maybe you could try just letting her out in the bunny room for now? See if that makes a difference?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Eau De Bunneh

:roflmao:

Wow that is very curious - and I'm dying to find out why myself? Was she the only bun in the last house? Has she ever been around other buns/animals? Wonder if the spay will fix this.. I've had feral female cats who did this and thought they were trying to make a statement to the rest of their society (not sure what the statement was..)..

I'm not surprised with her not being spayed - although there are no bucks in the house for her to smell, they are all neutered... but still boys I suppose. I think Bo is right - she thinks it smells very nice! :)LOL. Hopefully she'll get used to our house and space. Like I said, she's just the first one ever to behave quite this way. I'm not worried about it - I know spaying will help. Still I think it's unusual - but it could be like you said Juliew, she was an only bun, and maybe she just isn't used to smelling other bunnies and critters around. She loves all our other animals, dogs, cats, Prairie dogs... but maybe she is letting everyone know she is here!! :p

So shes only doing it in the one room? My first thought was some sort of bladder problem but thats not it if its only happening in the one area.

Hopefully she'll stop as she settles in. If not, poor you ;)

Yep Haley, just when she's out loose about the house - in her enclosure, she is good... But she'll be seeing the Vet this week so if there is any trouble we'll know... but I don't think so. Maybe she is just overwhelmed with having the run of the place and is making sure everyone knows she owns it now!? :)

Oh I am sure once she is spayed it will help. She's only been here a week... and with my surgery, I've only been out of bed one day of it lol. Feels like I've been in bed for a month.

Anyway, I'm sure I know what it is now that I've been spending more time with her and watching her and getting to know her. I am sure she's never been around other rabbits before - male or female. So the smells of our house even outside of the bunny room are probably really overwhelming her. I think she is probably the first rabbit I've got in that has not been around other rabbits at some point... I can clearly see that is what it is. It's just all new for her. She is SUPER friendly, I mean when I go to pick her up, she stands up! It's hilarious, she's so easy to pick up and carry around. She likes all the other animals too. I think it's an adjustment thing as well. She built herself a nice BIG nest yesterday.... I have two males in the bunny room, the rest are girls. They are both long ago neutered, like 8 years ago... they are oldies... but she can see and smell them. So I think that explains it. I don't think she is pregnant. Unless this woman dumped her because she knew she was. But I doubt it from what I know about the situation and she was refered to me as well. And she also made a big effort to help out so it seems unlikely. It's just the new bunnies and smells. :)I HOPE!!

Latest posts

Back