new cage...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
Right now I have Midas in a 3 by 3 by 3 NIC cage that is sitting in my living room. He gets about 2-3 hours every day out of his cage but I feel this isnt enough run time. I was thinking about moving his cage into my kitchen (which has linoleum flooring) and keeping his cage open 24/7 and just blocking the kitchen off from the rest of the apartment during the times when I cannot supervise him. Do rabbits do ok on linoleum? I live in an apartment and if he dug up the flooring it would not be good.

Thanks!

I used linoleum before I got coroplast and Rascal and Dasiy dug it up. Thats why I got coroplast. ;)

If Midas had a huge area like that though, he may not dig at it. IDK. I have a huge NIC cage for my buns and they still dug.

I guess it's try and see kind of thing. :)Good Luck.

I don't know...rabbits can jump pretty high. I am surprised all the time by my boy Bert. Sometimes I think he has more brawn than brains tho. Also, they might be able to open the door under the sink and god knows what they would find in my place! I would be really sure that they couldn't open anything. There is a lot of stuff to get into in the kitchen, that you don't want your buns to play with.

If the lino is glued down, it should be fine. I have lino that is glued down to wood in my cages and the only time I had somebun chew it was when there was a loose edge to work from.

Making sure the bottom cupboards are inaccessible is a definite must, but other than that, give it a try and see how he does. Try it for the first couple time when you are home to see how he reacts and what he tries to get into.

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back