New bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenyears

Reaction score
Hope I do this right! :)

Western mass

- Description (Breed, color., weight)

Mini rex, white and brown, around 5lbs

About a year

- spayed/neutered?

Just adopted this bunny, goingto in the next week

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
from what i can tell, all is normal

- Medical History -- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? he is going tomarrow morning for a wellness vist.

- Diet - what does your bunny eat?
hay and pelets

- movement - any unusual movements? yes, but he does these kind of flops onto the ground which could be normal ... not 100% sure

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?
not at my home

- has the rabbit been outdoors?

he was a stary about a year about

So my question is when me and my boyfriend adopted this bunny they said he always had this balding spot on the back of his shoulders/neck. They said it got better at one point and recently started to bald more. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Any tips? I'm going to ask the vet tomarrow too. Thank you! :)

Welcome.

Rabbits will flop when they rest. That is normal.

I wasn't clear about whether your bunny was inside or outside.

I wonder if it could be fur mites. A course of Invermectin or Revolution will take care of that. He would need to see of vet to confirm that.

I would bet he has fur mites. All the bunnies that come in to the shelter get a dose of Revolution to kill any parasites, internal or external. That would be good for him too! Thanks for all the good info!

I agree that mites is a possibility, although regular moutling could cause a small bald patch too. Could you maybe post a picture?

And yes, flopping on his side is a sign he is very happy, so you're obviously doing all the right things!

Definitely worth mentioning to the vet.

Congrats on your new bunny :)

Thank you to everyone, Thumper is an indoor buny. I was trying to get a picture of it but he wouldn't sit still all night! He was off exploring every corner of his room. :) And the flopping on his side was when he went to lay down and relax for a quick second. Everyone is great here with all your knowledge, I've never had a bunny .

My boyfriend is taking him to the vet today so hopefully Thumper will get some meds.

So Thumper had his first vist to the vet today, and the vet said he is perfectly healthy! :) The bald spot is just the way his fur has grown. AND the vet owns a few buns too which made me feel at ease!

Latest posts

Back