New bunny pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Good morning! I wanted to share some pictures ofmy little boy, who seems to be impossible to name, as he does not suitanything that I try. He's super shy and unsure of everything, but thismorning I let him have free run of the hallway and area behind thebackdoor and he really liked it. He even ran and binkied! Amazing as hewould hardly move an inch prior to this. He is about 13 weeks old and Igot him yesterday.

It's really hard to get good pictures of him because he is so dark, buthere are a few to begin with. If you have any ideas of names for a maleblack rabbit let me know:elephant:.
[line]

Didn't I come home in this thing?

DSC04488.jpg

I'm hiding from you!
DSC04493.jpg

I love this newspaper stuff.
DSC04496.jpg

I love a good face wash.
DSC04499.jpg

RRRIIIIIIPPPPPPPPP!
DSC04487.jpg

Hiya! This is the new bunny here. My humanMichelle has decided to call me Sooty. I kinda like my new name but itwill take me a while to learn it.
[line]
Anyway I wanted to tell you my story.

I started life living out in a beautiful house in the country. My mumand dad are mini lops, which is kinda the equivalent of holland lopshere in NZ. My dad roams free around the lady breeders yard and my mumis in the garage with me. My mum is black like I am and dad is acalifornian coloured guy.

Nobody seemed to want to adopt me when I got old enough to leave home,so the nice breeder lady advertised me on a NZ website that had aclassified section for bunnies. Still, nobody seemed keen and the nicebreeder, called Jaime, got no enquiries on her advert. I was gettinglonely because I was in a cage all by myself, so Jaime put anotheryoung rabbit in with me. He was a seal point and I really liked him. Ididn't like people much so he kept me company. But then I heard that onFriday he was going to his new home! I was so sad. I was 12/13 weeksold and nobody wanted me. I grew withdrawn and just sat in a covered uppart of my cage and sulked.

Then last Sunday something unusual happened. Jaime yanked me outta mycage and I was put into this other strange ladies arms! Hey! This wasweird so I kicked a bit and tried to jump down, but she petted me onthe head and I guessed that she wasn't gonna be mean to me or anything.she said hello and that her name was Michelle. She walked me out tothis big grey thing, I think she called it a car, and put me in alittle cage. The car started up and it was really noisy and I waspretty frightened. After what seemed like an eternity in this noisything we stopped and Michelle took me out. I was glad to get outtathere!

She took me out into a yard and put me in this really big hutch. I wasstill pretty scared because of the car so I just hunkerd down in thecorner and didn't want to do anything.

Suddenly I noticed something in the hutch next to me....a huge scaryrabbit looking right at me! I ran as fast as I could into myshelter and hid from the big scary rabbit.

Later that night Michelle came out to my hutch and yanked me out. Ihate being picked up so I was pretty cross with her and kicked her inthe neck. Hah! That'll teach her a lesson. I had no idea where I wasgoing but I ended up insidea house in this nice cosy room with a bigbox thing that had lights and sound....a Tv I think it is called? I saton the couch and felt frightened of all the noises but I soon got usedit it. I started to sniff and walk around the couch and even came up toMichelle and gave her a sniff or two. Not that she deserved it oranything but I even let her pat my head once or twice. Lucky girl!
[line]
*Part two coming later, with more pictures*

Hiya! Wow, thanks for the compliments guys, I am rather gorgeous arn't I? I'm gonna tell some more of my story now ok?

After that time spent on the couch I started to feel hungry and triedto dig up one of the cushions to chew on. Michelle's boyfriend shreikedand yelled at Michelle. It scared the crap outta me, literally! I pooedall over the couch and even backed up to pee but that mean Michellepicked me up before i could let it rip and put me back outside into myhutch.

I was relaxing by my pellet dish after having a good munch when Ispotted that big rabbit looking at me again. I went over and had acautious sniff through the wire. It was a girl bunny! She ran back andforth and glared at me. I couldn't tell if she was angry or happy tosee me so I thought I better just keep away from that side of thehutch. After a while I got sleepy anyway and went into my shelter for anap. I found a fleecey blanket in there to snuggle under, mmmm, it wasso cosy!

The next day I was woken up when it was still dark and was taken intothe house again for a bit ofa run around. Thats what the pictures inthe first post were of. I was getting sick of Mi chelle telling me howcute I was and trying to nuzzle me with her big doofy humans head, so Idemanded to be put back into my hutch. She took me back out and Imunched on some grass while she hung out her washing.

Suddenly I noticed the big girl bunny was doing something to the wireon her hutch. She was yanking it off! I went over to have a look. Iheard a car go by and spun around to take a look. Bad idea!! The girlbunny poked her nose through my wire and bit my bum! She then ran upand down her hutch grunting with a mouthfull of my fur. I was sopetrified and sat shaking in my shelter. Michelle saw what happened,fixed the hutch up good and moved my one away from that horrible bunny.

[line]
More to come soon, my paws are getting sore.

Latest posts

Back