netuer questionn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
hi my name is kat i was wondering.
i adpoted a rabbit from galveston island humaine society.
he was fixed today.
its 6 now and he has not eaten yet.
is that normal.

he got a medicam injection at the vet.
i picked him up around 4.

Did you get any take home pain medication for him?

He's probably in pain. Those shots wear off much faster than the vets say.

What is he doing? Is he sitting all hunched up?

I would offer him some of his favourite greens. You can try parsley and dandelion, those ones are normally popular.

Has he had anything to drink? Keeping him hydrated will help him to eat sooner. Offer him some diluted juice and see if he wants any.

I would call up the vets and ask for take home pain medication if he's not eating by the morning.

Also, don't stress him out too much by fussing over him now. Set him up with something yummy to tempt him to eat, and let him recuperate in quite for the evening.

--Dawn

no take home meds.
he has lettuce cellery carrot hay and his pebles.

his hutch is all new to him.
they dropped him off at the vets i picked him up.

so when do i start worrying.

oh he is moving around in his hutch.
i think he is checking everything out. so he is not curled up or anything.

will he be ok without the meds tonight

He should be okay tonight. But call in the morning and see if you can get some pain medication for about 3 days.

I would be concerned if he's not eating by the morning.

Let him get acclimated to his new surroundings. I'm sure once he's had a chance to get used to his new cage, he'll try some food.

--Dawn

i have to be at work at 8.
but i will call if he has npt eatin by 3 when i get home.
i will also give him fresh greens in the morning also i work where i adopted him from. so i will see if we have metacam at work for tomorrow. so i have time to get to the vet.

Here's a post-neuter video. It's 2 weeks after the neuter, but it may offer you some insights.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwnW5Qe0Pw[/ame]

I agree with the additional pain meds. And, usually, rabbits love the taste of Metacam.

There is a rabbit rescue based in Houston called Bunny Buddies, their web site has information about rabbit care on it and a list of area vets versed in exotic care.

http://www.bunnybuddies.org/

its about 2 am here.
he ate all hix greens.
i open the lid of his hutch.
and he looked at me like more.
he is a little eat em up.
thank you pipp i have talk a lot with one of tje foster parents from bunnie buddys cause i was not sure if i had time or could handle another rabbit.

she helped me with everything.
from food to hutch to basic vegys.

but he is eating and drinking at this point.

Latest posts

Back