Needing a bigger cage for 2 lops !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebop11

Reaction score
This is a picture of their current cage it is to small for them ,I dont have the space for a large play pen type area or overly large cage for them as I am expecting a baby in Novemeber and am living with my parents .

I was thinking of building a cage a C&C cage over the base of their cage and just throw away or give away the top of there old cage and use the childrens play mats as a floor and build levels in it ?

The black & white is the male

The sable/siamese colored is the female

004.jpg

005.jpg

008-1.jpg

Yeah, that cage is too small, probably even for only bedtime too...

Definitely build a C & C cage... make it around.. three floors and ramps to get up to the other floors. That's what many people on the forum do.

Of course, you'll have to litter train them though, or keep the bedding in the bottom part of the C & C cage.

Looking at the pellets..there are colourful bits in it...I'd suggest getting different pellets. Colourful pellets are very unhealthy. The more boring the pellets, usually the more healthy.

The food is Nutriphase gold is there a differen't type reccomended ? I will be checking out walmart tommorow to get some pannels to make a cage. I feel bad the cage is suitable just for one bunny but she was stressing out so bad after her bonded companion was taken away she was pulling out her hair and now shes so happy now that she has ben with her .

Yeah, I looked it up, and it does NOT look like a good bunny food.
I HIGHLY recommend the ZuPreem brand. The food is called "Nature's Choice"...

Here's a picture:
zupreemrabbit.jpg

See how the pellets are boring looking? That's the best kind.
And the first ingredient is timothy hay. Which makes it even better.
Also, it had the amount of fiber, fat, and protein in it that is recommended for rabbits.

Yeah, bonded rabbits should never be seperated.
Some can die of sadness and such.

Thank you for all the advice and information I really appreciate it ! I will update when I get some pannels .
I will switch the food I seen that food at petsmart before

I use Oxbow Pellets. Petsmart sells them too.They are good too.

Bed,Bath and Beyond sells panels cheap in Ohio. I don't know if you have one where you live. Also Target carrys them. I know in Ohio I had to order them thru Walmart.

:)April

beebop11 wrote:
I picked some up at walmart its 20.00 a pack im in Canada Lol .
Thats not too bad. I got some at BB&Beyond for $12a pack. Thats the cheapest I seen them. They were grey though.

You're welcome :) Always glad to help. Ever need anything, PM me. I'll try to help in anyway I can.

Latest posts

Back