Need help with Zithromax dosage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momof3b1g

Reaction score
My bunnies vet said she would call in a prescription of Zithromax as the Baytril isn't doing much good(after 14 days). She said he has pasturella, he has had the stuffiness and runny eyes. He weighs 3 pounds and I need to know what dosage to give him. They said they don't have that info. If someone could give me the info to pass on to her, please. I'm hoping to get it filled tomorrow.

THANKS

Only mods and admins can move posts around. So I moved this thread to the infirmary and moved the other copy of your question to a non-viewable post graveyard.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help you!

--Dawn

My bunny weighed a few ounces over 3lbs when he took Zithromax. It was one pill cut into 4ths and he had 1/4 a day.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge comes along soon.

Thanks, was it easier to give him a pill then liquid? He ate it with no problem?

I ground it up and mixed it into pumpkin. Well that was the last thing I mixed it with. I didnt do liquid with that one. I did do other meds as liquid and for me the pills were easier.

The pills come in different strengths (mgs) so you have to be careful if you don't know what strength the vet gave you. I do not know the correct doage of zithromax but I do know it comes in 100, 250 and 500 mg pills. Make sure that your giving the same strength as jade-icing.

I wonder where randy is?

Hey Angieluv....I'm lurking around. I contacted her by PM since her vet needed the dosing. For those of you interested in using zithromax...keep in mind that it does come in a pleasant tasting suspension...might be cherry flavored. It's quite tasty. But instead of crushing pills...do like I do. I get the suspension powder and compound it as I need it. I put it in pumpkin, banana or baby food. The powder also allows me to compound a suspension...it is stable in LRS. I am also going to run a test treatment using the IV version if I can get Pfizer to get us some. Once the powder is suspended....it does have a limited shelf life.

Randy

Latest posts

Back