need help wit onyx

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have onyx for 5 months now n he would not listen to me when i say "no" or when i tell him to come. i offer treat but it doesnt work he ignores me n starts runnin everywhere

Welcome to the forum! Aww, is that Onyx in your display pic? Cutie!

Sounds like you have an independent little guy! :D

I find rabbits can have selective hearing ;). My guys ignore a stern No most of the time too. I just try to correct the bad behavior and try for next time to avoid them being able to do it. I find my rabbits react more to the tone of my voice than words, so I can say their names really stern and they usually stop what they are doing.

All my guys have never responded to 'come'. Pebbles will sometimes dash over when she's out playing when she knows she'll get pets, but otherwise they are too busy having fun and binkying to care about coming :D.

It can take a while to get a bun to give you any affection or even pay you any attention. Here is a tip, but only a tip. Buns are intresting creatures, they work on their own terms. They will have fun with you and let you see them play, but on their own terms.

It reallyseems like after I've had a bun for a number of months, and you let them run up and sniff you as you just sit and relax and wait for that sweet bun to even come up to sniff you and even pay you any attention.

That's how it works alright. If you can be ever so patient, here will come the bun, to check you out, wipe their scent on you and maybe, (even spray you with urine;)). I haven't had that, but have heard all about it, eek.

i have sat next to him everyday he smelled me like over 1000 times n yeah bout the pettin thin he sometimes likes to get petted but other times he runs off doin that hoppy dance that he loves to do.yes thats onyx he is a dwarf rabbit n likes to over the whole small couch p.s. i love watchin him fly superman he does it all the time

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Sounds like a very happy bunny to me, I'd love to see pics!  That sounds really good!  You are a great bunny owner, I can tell that!

do u want pics of him flyin or just pics of him n also if he is happy y he doesnt play wit me, he is always runnin away from me

p.s. to make ur rabbit fly try puttin a couch cushion on the floor between the door entrance to a room. let them figure it out themseleves sooner or later s/he would jump on it then later over it.after s/he masters that s/he would move to the couch by themselves. if u have to put a treat then do so.

Latest posts

Back