need a littel help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shintastrife

Reaction score
ok i got my baby bunny he is about the size of someones hand, i have bought pellets an alfalfa grass and he is not eat the pellets and i was wondering is this okay or if i need to do something about him not eating?? His eating the alfalfa and picking at the pellets but not fully eating then and i put 1/2 a coffee cup of alfalfa to two hand fulls of pellets.

he between 6 to 10 weeks but im not positive. my brothers friends mother breeds them and that's were i got him from

Remember, his tummy isn't very big, yet, so have the alfalfa hay and pellets available for him to eat all the time.

http://www.rabbit.org

Birth to 3 weeks--mother's milk
3 to 4 weeks--mother's milk, nibbles of alfalfa and pellets
4 to 7 weeks--mother's milk, access to alfalfa and pellets
7 weeks to 7 months--unlimited pellets, unlimited hay (plus see 12 weeks below)
12 weeks--introduce vegetables (one at a time, quantities under 1/2 oz.)

yea i do, but what i wont to know if its ok for him to be eating the more alfalfa then pellets or show i keep it feeding him like i am im putting the alfalfa in the cage 2 times a day. show i give him more or keep it like it is

Let him eat as much alfalfa hay as he wants.
And keep his food bowl full of alfalfa based pellets.
Make sure he has fresh water at all times, too.

i change his water every morning, so i will take it that he can have as much as he can then right.

Yes, he should be allowed to eat as much as he wants of pellets and hay, so put enough in his cage. If you see that he's eaten most of it, put more. They will usually nibble at different times of the day--mostly at dawn and dusk though.

I've had my two since they were 4 weeks old and they did fine with all the pellets and all the hay they could eat.

Hope this helps!! :)

the only thing that i added for the hay that's it form as far as i know. b/c i asked that question so i could get the same food they where feeding him and all. but now that i know he can eat as much hay as he wont's. i wont worry about he so much. i main he's cage is at the foot of my bed so i can keep an eye on him.

He can eat as much hay and as much pellets as he wants. Just keep the hay rack and pellet bowl full.

ok, i was told to give the hay as a treat but now that i know im going to stock up on it seen as its on sell down here

Yeah, hay was the first solid food my babies had when mom started weaning them.

Latest posts

Back