Naughty buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heaven33uk

Reaction score
Now that Cookie is feeling better she's getting really mischevious. In the last few days, she's chewed through part of my vacuum cleaner cable (it was plugged in too but luckily I caught her at it), right through my telephone cable enough to stop the phone working, she's eaten 3 buttons off my remote control and bitten holes in 3 pairs of my PJ's and one of my work blouses. She might be the smallest of the 2 buns but she's certainly the naughtiest lol.

I 'm just worried that her eating things like remote control buttons could harm her, specially after the problems she's had already with her bowels. Is this something I should be worried about? Obviously as each of these things have happened, I've kept them out of her way to stop her getting at them again but she always find something new to get heself into mischief.

On a good note, her prolapse has stayed inside now since Monday evening and she's much livelier than she was before we started the worm medicine so it seems it's doing the job. I have to take her back to the vet tomorrow for a check up and I'm pretty sure he'll be pleased with her, I certainly am :pray:

Jo x

This sounds a lot like my guys, particularly Tony. With her prolapse it would be best to keep her away from these things. I know it's hard, but simple things like turning the remote face down when you leave it, putting it on the table instead of the couch, blocking off all cords (this is really important), keeping clothes off the floor, these will help. For most bunnies a bit of plastic or rubber or cloth here and there will be fine, but with a sensitive system I would try to be extra careful. You might want to keep her movement a bit confined as well while she's still healing. I wouldn't allow her to jump like crazy for at least a week after the prolapse last protruded.

Thanks :) I'm learning very quickly what to hide from them lol. She's actually bitten the holes in my clothes while I've been wearing them, they both seem to like chewing and scraping at our clothes (Fudge bit a hole in my daughters PJ's earlier lol).

As naughty as they are tho, I wouldn't swap them for anything. They make me laugh all the time and never fail to cheer me up if I'm in a bad mood.

Latest posts

Back