Nasty Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

India

Reaction score
Hi

Just to let you know my babies are 17 days old, today. Last night I was checking them over like I do everyday. My Lionhead, was hopping around in the Kitchen, and we let one of the babies on the floor, for a little bit of exercise, only for a few minutes, and to my astonishment my lionhead, (who is a female)went for the baby, luckily we caught the baby in time so no harm was done.

Why do you think she went for the baby, I couldn't believe it.

Where as my Blue Rex, who is the dad, of the babies was the complete opposite, he was sniffingit and he started washing it at one stage.

He was getting really excited as well.

Do you think he knows that he is the father of thebabies.

Also the strange thing was. When my lionhead went for the baby, my Blue Rex, had a go at my Lionhead, as though he knew what had happened.

Sounds like typical territorial doe behavior tome. Most does don't like any other rabbits in what they feel is their territory- regardless of the age. The buck may have already 'claimed' the younger rabbits and was getting between them and the older doe to keep him away from what he thinks is 'his'.

For safety's sake- I'd keep all unaltered mature rabbits seperated unless closely supervise. Rabbit fights are no fun to deal with!

Yeah, in my experiance does are actually more territorial than the bucks. I thought that was the weirdest thing when I found that out. :D

Latest posts

Back