Nasal Discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi, my husbands cousin has 3 Flemish Giant bunnies (not sure how old they are). He was talking to my hubby this morning and told him one of them has discharge from one nostril. He said it seems to be wet their all the time. Now Chris told him he should take the rabbit to the vet, well unfortunately that probably is not going to happen.

Is their anything he can do for this poor bunny, can he purchase something at the pharmacy to give it.

Now you know if this was me I'd would have had that bunny at the vet on day 1 of the discharge. Look when I brought Vega to the vet for her bald spot $285.00 later, I should have listened to you guys who suggested it was probably Winston kissing her too much.

Thanks for your help. I get so frustrated with people like Chris' cousin, if you choose to have rabbits you should be prepared to bring them to a vet if they need one.Believe he has the money, I thnk it's his background nationality. Sorry i had to Rant a little.

Susan

SOOOSKA wrote:
Now Chris told him he should take the rabbit to the vet, well unfortunately that probably is not going to happen.
In this case, the rabbit has probablygone through some stress, and the immune systemhas weakencausing the wet nose. Is the rabbit sneezing and thick snot being blown out?

I had Pebbles treated for sneezing, and every so often if she gets into some dusty food or hay, she will sneeze and have a wet nose. It isa manageable condition she has.

Latest posts

Back