Mystery puddle of blood...(RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
We've been sat in the living room all evening with Mouse and Chalk out playing. I just looked over and saw a little puddle of bood on the floor near where they were sitting.

We have picked up both and checked them all over VERY thoroughly- all of their fur, ears, nose, mouth, genitals, butt, etc are absolutely fine. Mouse had a tiny bit of blood on her fur on her belly only and on her foot, and Chalk had a bit on her back foot but more on one of her front feet. It seemed to be coming from one of her front nails, but the nail is still there and intact?

Is it possible she could have pulled/damaged it or something but the nail still be intact? I've only ever heard of it before when the nail has been pulled right out... :?

We've cleaned it up with hibiscrub and warm water (we get hibiscrub prescribed by our vets for any cuts etc) and it seems fine, and there is no bleeding from anywhere anymore at all....

Strange... :?

Edit: The puddle of blood had been stood in, so we think that's how the little bits got onto Mouse's underside and Chalk's other foot...

Maybe she cracked her nail and it bled? Rory once bit poor Skyler on the toe/nail and it bled like that without actually falling off.

Sometimes the nail can crack or split without being pulled out, and that can bleed.

Aww...:(

((HUGS)) to you and the buns...that must've been scary! :nerves1

Thanks Rosie!

Chalk is fine this morning! Her little paw looks ok and she is nesting in the hay rack as if nothing ever happened...

I'm glad it was nothing serious- it was pretty scary to look over and see a pool of blood on the floor! :shock:

Latest posts

Back