My rabbit's hurt :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnij

Reaction score
Hello, I have a small hotot rabbit who was on my couch today but when I picked him up he squiggled out of my hands and landed on his back, he seemed unharmed, he wouldn't really move or lick me though, and about a half-hour later he had red liquid leaking out of his eye, does anyone know what might be wrong?:(
Thanx!

A red liquid coming out his eye? Could this be blood? Did he hit his head on the floor? Perhaps the fall caused a haemorrhage, perhaps only in his eye from the pressure of the fall but maybe in his head.

I would definately get to a vet...urgently. Bleeding from the eye sounds serious to me.

How is he now? Has anything changed? Do his eyes and pupils look normal? Any "blood" anywhere else?

Good luck to you both

Jen

I can't help... But I'd be frantically searching for a vet to be honest. That sounds really scary! I hope your bunny will be okay. :pray:

Bunnij wrote:
... he seemed unharmed, he wouldn't really move or lick me though[/b]

This is an indication that he IS harmed even aside from the red seepage in the eye. You really need to keep him VERY still and not move him or let him hop around until you can get him to a vet.

How much red stuff is coming out of the eye and which part of the eye?

sas :clover:

I'm glad you made a separate post. As I mentioned in the other post, this is an emergency situation. The not licking and moving may be a sign of spinal injury. With any injury to the spine, every minute counts in terms of getting a good outcome. He needs to see a vet ASAP.

Hi everyone,

Good news. I think he may have just had a good shock. By the next day he had improved, and now he's back to normal. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Latest posts

Back