My rabbit is sneezing, what should I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivibee

Reaction score
My 5 yrs old mini rex has been sneezing a lot recently, he has very little discharge, very little. Every time he sneezes, he uses both hands to wipe his nose.
What should I do? Should I take him to the vet? What would the vet usually do?
We are in China, (we moved here 2 yrs ago, with my rabbit, from Texas), and the air has been very polluted for the past 2 weeks. Is he allergic to the pollution?

Thank you thank you!

Sounds to me like an allergy attack. Check the hay that you are feeding your bun. It may be dusty. Do you have an air purifier?

From what I gather from others who are in China there are no rabbit savvy vets. I think there is a clinic in Hong Kong that does see rabbits.

Don't forget to have his teeth checked. The roots also grow, as I have learned, and can invade the sinus area causing pressure or abscess. An x-ray might be a good idea if this could be the cause of the sneezing.

myheart

Thank you for all your suggestions! My bun bun is not sneezing anymore! I cleaned his cage and litter, dumped all the old grass and replace with longer, fresher hay, and I cleaned the whole house! Oh, and I turned on the air purifyer to "high"!!! His sneezing stopped last night, now he is a playful happy bun bun again.

Thank you! Yes, there are no good vet in China, my bun's last regular check up was 2 years ago back in Texas! I'm still looking for good vet for him. Fortunately, I joined a local rabbit forum just yesterday, hopefully they will provide me helpful recommendations.

Thank you, my bun bun kisses you on the nose =)

Latest posts

Back