My new NIC run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelipesMommy

Reaction score
I think "run" is the correct term, anyway! This is my new set up. I'm trying to figure out a possible better solution to hold the panels together, though. I want to set up the run (attached to the cage) so Felipe can get out during the day while I'm at work. I want to be able to take it down and fold it up somewhat at night/weekends because he is free roam when I am home. I have U shaped bolts on the bottom of the panels, but I think if I put them on the tops too it would not be sturdy enough. Any ideas?

101_1538.jpg

101_1537.jpg

One panel is clearly not attached at the bottom yet, I was in a hurry to take the pics.

Use zip ties to hold the panels together. I would use 2 for each part, one at the top and one at the bottom of the panel. It can them fold up when you don't need it and come out easily. You want them to be fairly tight so the panels don't move too much when you don't want them to.
Some rabbits to need a pen that is 2 grids high, so you would need more zip ties, but it is basically the same principle.

It is a god idea to get good zip ties. I recently bought some dollar store ones that snap off easily. Since I travel with my pen quite a bit (to agility events), I need the zip ties to not come off all the time. Even just building a cage was a pain as they would come of right after I put them on. Get ones from a hardware store.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_tie

That's what you're looking for... I've got my NIC run 2 grids high, strapped together with zipties. Folds away like a dream :)

You don't need those circle - like thingies that the grids come with... they are pretty useless in this situation.

I also suggest that you look into getting a liner under the run to save your carpet from any bunny oopsies (pee, digging, etc.). A shower curtain liner can be put under a mat, or you can use those spongy kids floors.

Looks like Felipe is in for a ton of fun!

Looking good!

You can use those carabiner clips to link the ends of the run to his cage... Less chance of him wiggling out.

I would also suggest that you cut off the ends of the zipties a bit more, and burn them down with a lighter. That way, no bunny eye sget scratched mid-binky :)

Are you sure he can't get to the top of his cage and then out of the pen? I think I would try to either add one more grid to that part of the run (just around the cage) or maybe even build a top over the cage area with grids. I know most of my bunnies would be able to get up there and then out.

Other than that I think it looks great! Felipe is a lucky bunny :)

Latest posts

Back