My moms bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
Well i found out a bit more about this cutie. First off she is really cute, and has some great blue eyes. My mom had to get her out of the crate and into a cage so we were in the room where she is and i was holding her, she didnt want to be picked up at first but once i got her she crawled up to my shoulder and put her head down and litterally looked like she was going to sleep,it was way to cute. So my mom has a visit with a vet tonight couldnt get a visit with my sooty teeth rabbit vet until monday so she had to settle with this other vet.

A little of what we do know about her, hey i am calling her a her becasue i did try to sex her and from what i could see i didnt see any testicles but it wasnt thorough so her sex is still up in the air.

The previous people who only had her a few days gave my dad the bag with some leftover food that they were feeding her and guess what was in this bag :shock: cauliflower, cabbage,and celery. She pooped only one pellet that looks like a guinea pig pellet not a rabbit poop. What should we do??????????

She has a cut on her paw ,and a cut on her nose. I figure whatever got to her to cut her nose got to her paw too. My mom was able to cut the nails but the one toe looks strange , like the nail is actually sticking straight up so we will see what that is all about.

She is eating the hay and peeing. What should we do to ensure that eating the cabbagea nd cauliflower arent , or havent , given her gas?

At my guess she is probablly adult. She is a real cuddler,love bug though so i am assuming someone just dumped her, how sad, happy easter to her.

Do you have any good hay there? feed her that for now.

I'd give her plenty to drink and see how she acts.

I would do what Bo said, lots and lots of hay. Fresh water and hay should help to flush any yuckies out of her body.

You could also give her some fresh mixed spring greens or some grass from a pesticide free lawn. Something similar to what she was eating outside.

Watch her carefully, and if she slows down on the eating/drinking and the poops stop coming, then try some baby gas medicine.

You can put some betadine on the cuts to disinfect them and prevent infection. That's what my vet recommends for any cuts/scrapes. It's safe for the bunny to lick.

--Dawn

I was more concerned about hergetting gas mostly , Aurora is there a specific amount of gas meds to give her?

My mom has an appointment this afternoonandwea re getting ready to take her. She did poop a little more, the poops where little , but hey they were poops.

The gas medicine I get is called Ovol, and it's a liquid gas medicine for babies. The active ingredient is simithecone. Give an eye dropper full every couple of hours for 3-4 doses. But only if she's showing symptoms of gas.

Make sure she's well hydrated. Perhaps see if the vet can give her a couple sub-q fluid injections to help with her hydration. Keeping her hydrated will help her to feel better and to eat/drink more.

--Dawn

I agree with all the advice you got. Lots of hay and fresh water. Bless your Mom for taking her in.

What is your mom going to name her? Did the vet sex "her" for you? What did he say?

Gosh today has been insane for me,lol. Well we got back from taking my moms bun to the vet and picking sooty up. I sexed her and said a girl and i was right, woo hoo for me,lol. She is thinking of naming her Abby. The vet said her nose could have been an old wound that has healed or a birth defect, i will have to see if i can get a close up of it. She is really sweet. The vet gave her bene-bac, and an antibiotic . The antibiotic is for her toe, her one toe nail was sticking straight up in the air so they cut it all the way back and stopped the bleeding and it was a little infected so they have her on an antibiotic for that. They did a fecal float and we have to wait for the results. She has pooped a little more, so we are hoping that with lots of water and the best hay that she will pick up a little more. I think that covers everything so far. My mom talked about spaying and she will be aiting a little while because of all the hecticness going on right now.

:hug:to you and your mom! Sounds like you have a great vet!

Here she is I think my mom is leaning towards Abby. You can kind of see the blue in her eye, she does have some killer eyes.

HPIM2423.jpg

HPIM2425.jpg

She is in a small cage for right now but my mom is going to build a 2 x3 grid cage soon so she has more running room. My mom did let her out in the bedroom to explore and she said she had fun.

HPIM2430.jpg

I am going to try to get a close up pic of her nose. It looks like a deep cut right down the middle of it seperating the nose, but it is all healed now.

Latest posts

Back