my horrible experince

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettierthanu12

Reaction score
Last saturdaymyneighbors (WHO ARE TOTALLY UNQUALIFIED TO OWN ANY ANIMAL) wereirrisponsible and left their pit bull mix unchained in there front yardso he decided to jump in tomy rabbits exercise penandchase them. Luckly i got the dog out of therebefore he did any harm (or so i thought), but my rabbit was terrified.When i picked her up she went totally limp for a few seconds and thensnaped back into her normal self.Not onlydid the dog scare her but she was also molting

The next day (sunday)she was limping but my momdidnt belive me and said that she wasnt gonna pay for something thatshe didnt need.

on monday after coming home from the firstday of school i went outsideto let my 2 bunnies out toplay only to findmy daisylying on her side pantinguncontrollably. She had drooled all over her legs and mouth.i was aloneat the time so of course i panicked. i brought her into our bathroomand ran to get some frozen waterbottles and a fan, not knowing if itwas heatstroke or not.i tryed to get ahold of my stpedad andwhen i was unsuccesful i called my bunns vet. they told me that sheneeded to be seen right away so i franticly tryed to get ahold ofsomeone. i was crying uncontrollablythe whole time, i wasstranded at my house and doing everything i could but without a way tothe vets office i was afraid she would die. when my stepdadfinally came home she had been like this for about 2 hours.

she had started having seisures and it was the worstthing i had seen in my entire life. my bunny was a very active bun andwould never lay down. just the sight of her barely able to keep herhead up was killing me. when we finally took her to the vet they tookher in the back and were trying to stabalize her. after about an hourof waiting at around 9:30pm (they were already on emergency staff at8pm) i walked into one of the back rooms to try to find some one so icould see my bunny, i only saw 2 people working on a cat. i walked outand went to the waiting room when one of the ladies i had seen workingon the cat came out and said " We left her to workona cat and when we came back she went into cardiacarrest" i got really mad and stormed out of the hospital. i sat in theparking lot to clear my head. when i went inside to see her i almostthrew up. she laid there limp wraped in blanket. they gave mea "rainbow bridge" poem and cliped some of her hair. i went home andburied her but didnt sleep most of the night.

today me and my mom were driving to her friends house.iwas looking at the poem they gave me and the beautiful rainbow in thebackground. when i looked to my left out the window i saw the samerainbow it was amazing. i started crying right there and will always bemoved when i remeber this day

Prettierthanu12,

I am so sorry for your lost *tear*:(I will pray everyday foryour bunny....and hope that God is looking after her. I know the painthat you are going through. Ihope your neighbours willrecieve some punishmentfor doing that to yourbunny!:XWHAT AN IRESSPONSIBLE DOG OWNER!!!! But Daisy is nowin peace...and she won't be in any pain any more. Just give many hugsand kisses to your other bunny for me. God bless you and and Daisy. Andnever think that it was your fault, because it wasn't. Remember, yourbunny is always with you and will never be away from you. Daisy isalways with you in your heart and is looking down at you from therainbow saying, "thank you for everything you've done for me. You triedyour best to keep me alive...but I am happy now."

Your bunny is in my prayers,CassandraP.S.-If you have an animal control somewhere in your area,I wouldreportthe dog andits owneras soon aspossible.

I am so sorry you had such an awful thing happen,especially when you were on your own too. I think you did all the rightthings that you could do in that situation. Maybe seeing that Rainbowwas a sign that your bunny is at peace. Thinking of you - Jan

I am so sorry for you loss and the terrible experience you went through . . .

Pam

Latest posts

Back