My bun became destruct-o-bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am still on vacation. I will be back home on Saturday which will make 2 whole weeks away. It's the halfway point right now and about a day and a half ago, my bro who is bunnysitting told me that Kirby has been a totally naughty bunny. He found a way to get to my digital room thermometer and chewed up the sensor wire. He has been digging up the rugs in his room and he has been flipping over his condo ramp, flipping over his busy bunnywicker tentand rattling his play pen fence. It's like something's gotten into him and he's become very mischievous overnight.

My brother wonders if it's because he misses me and I've been gone too long (maybe he had a tolerable threshold for me being away... and I crossed it!). I wonder if it's because my brother doesn't spend as much time with him as I do. I always keep a watchful eye and I come and pet him every so often when I am home and I always spend a chunk of time each night wth him.

How does he flip over such a heavy wooden ramp?! He wiggles underneath it... waits for my bro to leave the room.... and then he pops his head up high and loosens 1 side of the ramp. Then he repeats the procedure on the other corner, and voila! Big destructive noise is achieved and ramp is on the ground... The ramp is blocking one edge of the playpen fence and he's taken a fancy to rattling the fence there. God knows why! My brother would com back every 15 minutes and replace the ramp in its original position and then as soon as he left, Kirby would flip it out again. Brother says Kirby grunted at him after the 6th time or so of him putting the ramp back. Kirby is getting a bit mean...

Anyway, I think it's because my Kirby is bored. I think he wants attention in his own way. He's upsetthat his slave left...and the new slave isn't as obedient.... :nerves1Any opinions?

Kirby's 2 and a half years old & neutered. He should be a big boy by now and know better!:shame

I miss him too....:cry4:I watch him in the early morning (when he usually binkies) over his web cam, and he doesn't binky anymore:(It makes me sad to see him unhappy.

:)Kirby is a cutesy name. If I get a second bunny some day I might name him/her Buttons.

I get back home Saturday afternoon. I hope he takes me back with open arms. How tragic it would be if he denied me his bunny love and gave me the butt. Sigh!

I'm sure he'll be over the moon to see you again!

He might be a bit sulky at first though! :D

Kirby is so beautiful!

Toby did that when I went out of town for less than a week. I had my mum bun-sit at her house, and he destroyed everything in his path. He binkied, but he still liked to chew on everything and toss stuff about. He will probably come back to his normal self once you are back around with lots of treats and lovin'!

I wanted to get him a buddy while I was on vacation (see my latest Blog entry!) but decided against it. I may get him a buddy sometime in the future... Kirby seems to be the independent type, doesn't too much like to be bothered. He loves being doted on, but only on his terms, thank-you-very-much :) :) :) I will have to see if Kirby gets along with some nice bunny in the future. I would love another bunny, but not at the cost of making Kirby feel left out.

In my experience, when buns find their special somebun, they don't want to be around you as much. Toby still hops up on the bed in the mornings to remind me to feed him, but he is not as enthusiastic about it as he was before. I still get my bunny kisses, but he mainly flops down by his girlie, Miss Emma. It does keep him occupied during the day, though.

Wait a minute... kherrmann, you mean if Kirby bonds with somebun he'll love the bun more than mommy? :expressionless

Call me selfish but I ain't havin' that! My Kirby doesn't bunny-kiss me as it is, I don't think I could stand it if he ignored me in favor of flopping by and licking another bunny! :cry1:

I'm so immature...:blushan:

kirbyultra wrote:
Wait a minute... kherrmann, you mean if Kirby bonds with somebun he'll love the bun more than mommy? :expressionless
I know the feeling. I got Toby a friend because I was going back to work full-time after being unemployed for 8 months. I knew he wasn't going to handle it well. I just wanted him to have a friend around to keep him busy while I was gone (and not having to worry about him destroying things). He never gave me bunny kisses before, either. It took him starting stasis and Mommy giving him tummy rubs and extra affection to start grooming me. That was within the last year! He's almost four! It took him long enough! :grumpy: He doesn't ignore me since Emma has been around, though. He knows that he can hop up on the bed for head scratchies anytime. He makes use of that time, too. He also knows that when I sit or lay down on the floor, it's time to play! He gives Emma and I equal affection. ;) After all, you have the thumbs to open up the food bin!

Back