My baby bun has a parasite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update: Toby's doing well! No abnormality in eating or pooping habits. He is binkying daily and as active as ever. He is not getting any thinner, thankfully. The benebac is helping I think. I also got him a new bag of alfalfa so I am mixing that in with the timothy he was chowing down on before. I am aiming to fatten him up. He's so skinny and tiny but such a lively little guy!

Toby completed the whole round of Albon! He made it! Oh I'm thrilled. I do not like giving him medicine. He does not like getting it.

Toby grew too! Since May 9 when the vet weighed him (1.01 lb) he's gained 1/3 of a pound. He's at 1.34 lb now. He looks a bit bigger than when we first got him. I think the benebac definitely helped. He eats 2 big handfuls of alfalfa a day, a small bunch of timothy as well. I think he eats just about a quarter cup of alfalfa pellets a day as well. He drinks 2 crocks of water a day too. This little guy sure knows intakes a lot.

He's still about 90-95% of the way there with his litter box training. I'm sure the coccidia threw him off because I was changing his litter box completely every single day. For the most part he still knew where to poop and pee even with the clean box every night.

I guess I am lucky. What a good baby bun!!! Thank you so much, everyone, for all your input and help through this. :) :) :)

I have a hilarious video of Toby licking himself because I dripped 1 drop of benebac on his fur and he is just going AT it. I'll post it when I get it uploaded.

Latest posts

Back