MR not eating or drinking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcohen1982

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a black buck mini rex that I have had for almost a month now. He is perfect, except the last like 5 days he hasn't been eating very much and has not been drinking very much or even eating hay. He is almost 6 months old. I give 32 oz. of water a day and unlimited timothy hay and 1/2 cup of pellets every morning. The last few days he has been drinking about 1/4 of his water a day and about 1/4 cup of his pellets if that, and a little bit of hay, but not much at all. I have noticed him getting a little thiner and have put alfalfa hay in his cage instead of timothy hoping that his calorie intake will be more and he would gain weight. What should I do?

Thanks,

Rachel

Update: I got him to eat about 2 apple wedges and some parsley. He also ate about 1/4 cup of pellets in the evening, but has now decided not to drink much. Maybe 2-3 oz in almost 24 hours.. (My husband says he must not be thirsty :headsmack) His poop look normal and no hair in it. Not as much as I would like to see, obviously though. He isn't eating Hay that I know of either. I live in the city and I am unsure where to get dandelions and herbs. I also weighed him last night and he weighs 2lbs. 8oz and will be a SR on 11/11/10. I gave him a 1/4 cup of pellets this morning and I am going to give him another 1/4 cup when he finishes though...but, he is eating a couple of pellets every onece in awhile. Should I be worried about the water intake?

Rachel

If he's getting more veggies and fruit than usual, that may account for reduced water intake. They contain a lot of water.

I get the baby spring mix lettuce at the grocery store when my guys aren't feeling well and need a healthy, easily digestible veggie.

Latest posts

Back