Mr. Fiver is SUPER thumpy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Anybody have issues with this?

I originally thought Fiver would get all thumpy when things were quiet, so we were gonna buy him a radio to put next to him to make things more peaceful and easier to handle...

But last night, I realized that he does it whenever I'm still for very long...be it when I fall asleep (and subsequently stop moving), when I'm reading, watching TV, whatever. We'll still get him a radio to at least help...but in the meantime, I suspect that Fiver's previous owner might've died (and he witnessed his human friend stop moving forever), and he found a way to get out and that's how he was found, outside.

I've a sneaky suspicion that when I'm really still for a time, he fears that I've died, too...

How do I help him with this? Do I need to cover his cage at night? I haven't gotten much sleep AT ALL the past two nights, and am about ready to collapse from all this...but more than anything, I just wanna help my baby boy.

Can anyone help me?

That's really sad, you could easily be right. Poor guy, that must have been horrible for him, no wonder he is loud :(

You could try putting him so you are out of his eyeshot, if this is possible, or putting some sort fo screen between you and him so that he can see some places, just not you(some bunnies might find the sheet idea quite claustrophobic, but that obviously depends on the bunny, you could always try it and see what happens). He might be scarred fora long time with this, but hopefully in time it will ease.

I feel really sorry for him. Aw.

If he is use to your voice, maybe you could record yourself talking to him, and put him in a seperate room when you need to be still?

Poor little guy :(

XxMontanaxX wrote:
If he is use to your voice, maybe you could record yourself talking to him, and put him in a seperate room when you need to be still?

Poor little guy :(
:yeahthat: and just talk to him when you're reading or whatever every so often too:). I hope he gets used to everything and stops thumping soon.

Poor Fiver. I had a feeling he was going to become your shadow, or conjoined twin! ;) He simply has a look to him that says insecure but loving.

What a doll.

Tony will get pretty upset if we leave the room and get quietwhile he's playing. He starts honking. :stikpoke

Yeah, those are great ideas...I'll probably do the voice recording thing, just talking to him and find a tape player that'll do both sides, or something like that.

Good idea! :)

Yes, he's REALLY bonded with me. We HAVE to have our snuggle time (including lots of kisses and faux bathing (just moving my mouth on his fur like I were bathing him, no tongue, lol) everyday. He's just so lovey and has so closely bonded with me.

One thing that Peg (TinysMom) suggested is that he may be trying to make sure I'm still there, because he's bonded so closely to me that he worries when he doesn't know if I'm there or not. If that's the case (which I think it is), then he probably thumps the whole time we're out (the few times I actually leave the house...yes, I'm a bit of a hermit)...poor sweetheart.

We bought a little clock radio for him today...I hope that helps...I'll let ya'll know in the morning! :D

Thanks for all your ideas! I really appreciate you guys wanting to help my little lovebug! :D

Hugs and love all around!!

Rosie*

Oh poor little man. No advise just tell him you love him. I know you are doing that so just keep it up.

Thanks, Ali...I really appreciate that. :hearts

maherwoman wrote:
faux bathing (just moving my mouth on his fur like I were bathing him, no tongue, lol) everyday.
I sort of do that on their heads. Bo gets my face burried in his fur all the time... It's like "oh gosh MOMMYYYYY pleaseeeee .... stop it already!!!" :p

Hehe!! I love doing that to all my babies, too...:)

Rosie, how long have you had him now? I wonder if he will settle down once he realizes that he's really home now, and that things aren't going to change... that you will be there.

I know this will take time, but I'm sure your little guy will get there. :)

Hooked up a radio for him, it helped. :)

Also, Danny noticed that he seemed afraid of the blinky lights on the modem, so we covered them. :)

Thanks for all your ideas, guys!

I'm glad he's getting less nervous.

We love hearing Tony thump just because it's funny for us but I hate that he's upset...

Latest posts

Back