moving, and need/want to bond 2 unbonded buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fancybutterfly

Reaction score
Hi! I'd appreciate any advise or comments on my situation.

I have two, 2 y/o boy bunnies. The are free range and each have two rooms. The only neutral place in my house is the bathroom. I have put them in the tub a a few times it seemed to have gone ok. There wasn't any immediate fighting. I tries outside, and one just sat and the other ignored. Anyway...

Next year I'll be moving cross country. To help save money, I'm moving into my parents for a bit. (A perfect time to bond, and ocmpletely unknown territory!) They will be free range, but contained in a smaller space.

I am thinking about how to go about this. When in the space, should I make it smaller at first until they get used to eachother..or just go for it in the whole space. (It's about 5' 10')

Also, I know I need to keep my eye on them for awhile at first. But I won't be home ALL the time. I also know that I'm not supposed to separate them once I start the binding. Does that mean a see through gate too? I'm afraid of leaving them alone before I am confidant they're over the fighting. :nerves1

HELP!

thanks again.

Marybeth, Bob and Zeus

Don't leave them alone together until they have consistently shown no fighting. A see-through gate would be ok as long as they can't get over it. Put them together supervised in a small area for a time each day so they are forced to interact or at least be near one another. If they are doing ok and you can be around to keep an eye open, leave them together as long a time as you can to speed up the bonding process.

i had two neutered boys that I put together in an excercise pen to see what happened to bond them(One was a taken in from someone that couldn't keep him and the other was a foster for a petshop that went under shortly afterwards) Bo, the foster broken chestnut agouti, was so recessive and Dubbs(Who I was told was a doe, but he was a neutered buck instead) sniffed noses and hopped around a little bit so i let them alone and i came back ten minutes later and they were laying with each other comfy.

I hope I can be that lucky! The handful of times I've introduced them seemed to have gone pretty well fromwhat I've been told. There was no immediate fight, so that was a good sign. Thanks for all the input!

Latest posts

Back