Moulting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
BK is grumpy and Moulting!!
Man he is just so moody, he sulks a lot and its sad to see.
He wants nothing to do with Jazz and she seems confused by his behavoiur:(

At night time, I 'pluck' his fur from him and brush him and boy, there are handfuls of fur coming off him.

Is it right that he should be so grumpy at this time, do other buns go from sweet and affectionate to sulky during moults?

He eats okay and drinks a bit too as the weather is horribly hot and humid.

Jazz is fine, she is getting a little bored though without BK and Kruger is driving me nuts with his strange behaviour.

But thats another story....

BK is my baby and I worry so much when he gets down like this.

I'm sure the weather is affecting him. Bo is moody with moulting but I think partially due to his tummy getting hair in there.... have you added fiber?

Bo is so fed up with brushing it's crazy! I've just stopped unless I see a noticeable area - but he's nearly done I think. Now it all just has to come back in - Mini-rex have these little bald areas sometimes.... he looks stupid! LOL!

Can you give BK something like a frozen waterbottle?

Yep, I have hadmoody buns during moulting. They just want to be left alone and are often more lazy as well. So, no worries there;).

I know what you mean about the amount of hair Pennie:shock:, geez. I swear I have pulled the equivalant of at least 10 buunies off snuff in the last two months:shock:. I'm starting to think it's never ever going to end, he's been moulting for 3 months:?. I can see that the moult line on him is slowing moving up towards the top of his back, so looks like he has a bit more to go, sheesh.

He molts from back to front?!

Bo molts from front to back and then his left side is faster than his right LOL!

Even Clover has been molting non-stop for a month and that's just not like her. Makes me wonder what the winter is going to be like.

Hmm, I think I am the only person to have never had a bunny get affected from moulting :huh...mine never go into moods or act any different.

It hasn't been too hot lately so I hope BK is feeling chilled out and more relaxed today :D.

Back