More trusting or more friendly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on boys or girls. I noticeLuv is not as friendly to me as Roger is and i have had her for quite awhile. Now roger loves to sit with me and will take food from our handsin this short period if time. The lady at the shelter said so far boysseem to be more friendly. They both are cool and i love them boththough. Just wonering what others think.

Cristy

Hi Cristy,

I have also heard that bucks are friendlier, but in my house, it'sFauna that loves love. Tucker can take it or leaveit. He was much more affectionate towards me before I hadgotten Fauna. That's quite common though and I knew I'd riskthat. He'll still allow me to love him, but he's not asaffectionate as Fauna is lately.

In my opinion, eachrabbit is as different in their personalities as we are be they a buck or a doe.

-Carolyn

My buck seems more tolerant with petting,he justadores getting his cubby cheeks rubbed and his ears, well, he's just inbunny heaven when I rub his ears. My two female rabbits aren't asloving, but they do enjoy being pet, just on their own terms.

Stitch will run around the house doing the bunny500 but when she approaches me its slowly and lets me rub her behindher ears and close her eyes til i stop rubbing her then she takes offagain doing the bunny 500!

If a bunny does not want to take food from my hands, is it a trust issue?
He would eat some food, like dried papaya or oats from my hands, but not carrots, lettuce or pellets.
Does anyone know why?

Big breeds in general tend to be friendlier, Ithink, both sexes. But males are more outgoing and females like pettingmore, in my experience.

The little guys are kind of finicky. Hormones play a big partin temperament, though, and the finicky boy I have didn't developright....so those hormones aren't active.

Rose

Definitely have seen evidence in my ownexperience and those of what I've learned from all of these rabbits ofthat being true, Rose.

From what I'm learning, Giant Flemish seem to be one of the most docile and friendly breeds.

AnneS,

Don't know why your little one will take some food hand-fed and others not. :?

-Carolyn

I think he only takes a very yummy food from myhand, something sweet. Otherwise. he'll just move his face to the sideshowing that he is not planning to take it from my hand.

rabbitgirl wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
From what I'm learning, Giant Flemish seem to be one of the most docile and friendly breeds.

ya, i want one!!

Rose
I've already told my whole family that once I move out I'm getting a Flemish and Holland, lol. They think I'm nuts!

[align=center]******************************[/align]
[align=left]As for which gender is more trusting/friendly, I couldn'ttell you. I don't have a female to compare my boys to! But Both of mymale rabbits are really friendly and very trusting. Spice is less so,but as it was said, it depends on the rabbit and Spice has always beenmore shy than Mocha.[/align]

Back