More bonding questions (moulting and multiple rabbits)!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have decided that I have way too much stress going on in my life right now, so bonding will be on hold until everything settles down! I did notice shortly after my last attempt though that ALL my bunnies are going through a heavy moult, so my question is, does moulting make bonding more difficult? I've heard that rabbits can feel quite stressed when they moult so I guess that would affect bonding too?

I want to eventually bond four rabbits so should I start with the easier ones and then introduce the more difficult one at the end, or the other way around? Also, do i bond them one at a time, or as pairs? I'm not going to do it just yet, but I want to ease my mind by having a plan for when I do!

hmmmm, one thing i seem to notice is that when they are stressed, they moult, so maybe the first trial of bonding makes them stressed??

Oooohhhh, so it's the other way around? That would make sense. I have tried bonding them before but I didn't notice anything in relation to moulting. I do have another rabbit that is in a totally separate room that is moulting as well, but it is a lot more obvious in the two that were involved in the bonding session. Thank you very much for that!

Not sure if this helps but all our bunnies are moulting as well maybe its the time of year for them to molt, thats what we thought anyway.

Id bond them individually.:apollo:

Yeah, I did notice they started moulting at about the same time the weather started to get quite warm, even the boys not involved in the bonding session. Thanks for that bunny mum. Individually bond them you think? Thanks for that too! :)

So, where in Australia are you from?

Latest posts

Back