Monsters not really eatting (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up some of the hay she use to like and some parsley that she normally loves but she isn't interested in the hay and picks the parsley up but isn't eating it. It just sitting in her mouth. I had her up on me and she seemed to twitch a bit. I'm worried that her pain might of progressed further and the Tramadol and Medacam isn't working anymore.

She's not very active today. I have been giving her water by syringe a few times. Last night she a case of the runs which went away after giving her some oats and more water. She a few good poops earlier today and now they are soft again. She's really interested in her pellets.

Right now she has a bit of parsley leaf in her mouth but isn't chewing it until I try and take it away.

I'm so terrified i'm going to loose her:nerves1 This will be 2 in 1 week.

Just saw your PM. Looks like you are already on the way to the vet. I hope things change for the better. Let me know. I will be checking back early in the morning.

Just got home. The vet felt she went into GI STATUS and we had a couple of options. She stopped eating her hay and her pellets. Last night she had runny poop and today it's was a little better but it was still soft and the few hard ones she had were tiny.

We could leave her there to be force feed every 4hrs but she would likely be stressed from that or we let her go and be pain free and be with Cookies and Fluffy her two Boyfriends waiting for her. We could of tried force feeding her at home but that didn't really sound like a option any of us wanted.

It's a heart breaking decision to put her to sleep but we all felt it was in her best interest. We all talk about the 3 A's. Today she had none. No Appetite, No Attitude and No Love for her mommy which is a sign she's ready to go. Because she loves me and wouldn't hesitate to kiss me if I asked.

OMG, Becca, I am sooo sorry.:nerves1 I'm tearing up. :cry2
Monsters was such a little fighter. She lived a long and spoiled life with you.
At least now she gets to be with Fluffy and Cookies, but I know she misses you. :hug:

If you need to talk, my PM box is always open, or msn. :hug:

Binky Free Monsters :pink iris:

I am so sorry. What a shock. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you want to talk. I'm just so sorry. What a terrible few days you've had. Huge hugs and you were SUCH a GREAT bunny mom to her and Fluffy. :cry1:

:cry1:

I'm so so sorry Rebecca... what an awful week for you. Monsters was such a fighter and she fought right to the end.

I'm here for you- MSN, PM or whatever...:hug:

RIP Monsters :cry2

I am so sorry that Monsters left us :(

I really had a bad feeling last night when you took her to the vet.

She was a wonferful,sweet special girl and so are you. She couldn't have had a more wonderful life and you impressed me greatly by your devotion to her.

I cannot imgine how you feel butIknow that deep down that you knew that she wuld be with the angels sooner than a healthy bun.

She had a precious and wonderful life with you and now she is with Fluffy

Please pm me at any time ; I will be gone much of today at the shelter but i will be home tonight.

I am so sorry!!!

Hugs
Maureen

She probably was a lo sicker than I wanted to believe. She hadn't been interested in her the past week but was still eating her pellets. I'm still heart broken that I had to make the decision to let her go. But I knew before I headed down to the vets that, that was going to be the out come I just didn't want it to come true :cry1:

Now I need to refocus my energy on my remaining 2 bunny kids.

You gave Monsters the best life any bunny could ask for. you tried your very very hardest to make sure she was always happy, healthy and comfortable. She lived to an incredible age... what a little trooper.

Big big hugs to you and your sister, Rebecca:hug::pink iris:

She was a trooper that never gave up, no matter the circumstances that appeared. We felt that because of her age force feeding her wouldn't give her the quality of life that we would want for her. She can now spend her days pain free with all the others that got to know her and loved her as we did.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support that have helped us both get through this tragic, it has meant a lot to us.

Rebecca & Kristina :bunnydance::apollo::bigtears::hug2::bunny19:group:

Latest posts

Back