momma rabbit bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bun just had her babies yesterday morning, and this morning I went to her pen, and she had bled a bit more, and I found what looked to be part of a placenta.

I am wondering if some bunnies bleed a bit a day after kindling. I just found it a bit strange as my other doe I had a couple of years ago didn't do this.

Bella seems alright, she is eating fine, pooping fine. I picked her up to check underneath, to make sure all looked healthy. She seems fine underneath, except for a spot of blood from her bleeding a bit this morning. Nothing looks swollen or inflamed.

Does anyone think it a bit weird that she bled again a day after birthing?

I almost have a horrid feeling she had another kit or something this morning and ate it, I don't know, I don't even what to think that is the case. The amount of blood I found this morning was almost the same amount I found after she had her kits yesterday morning.

and when I came this morning there was more fur up in her hay loft, almost like she had pulled more. I just thought she must have pulled more this morning for her kits in the nest box because when I checked on them there was more fur than yesterday in there.

I am just wondering if anyone else experienced their doe bleeding a day after kindling.

I just thought maybe her body was just finishing birthing the placenta from one of her kits or something because there was nothing except a bit of blood and some placenta.
This is her first time being a Mum, so I thought maybe her body might be just getting into the swing of things

I'm not really worried, as her kits had been fed this morning, and had fat tums. And Bella was eating fine, and nothing looked inflamed

any ideas or help would be wonderful.

Back