Mocha- Species confusion? lmao

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well you guys, Mocha has done it again... actedlike a different species of animal. I go outside toput Mochaand Spice in their cages after being in their outdoor runs all day longand I see the neighbors black and white cat sitting about 15 feet awayfrom Mocha in my neighbors yard. Was Mocha running around? Panicking?Staring it down? Thumping to warn? NO! He was laying stretched out withhis belly completely exposed and his eyes half closed. You can bet fullwell he knew that cat was there too! Well the cat saw me in the runwith Mocha and came over to the fence, so Mocha sat up and sat theirwith both ears pointing forward looking at the cat, then he runs overthe fence where he and the cat sniff nose to nose through the fence(the ever protective mom standing right next to Mocha to jump in at theslightest sign of trouble). Next the cat jumped the fence and I kind ofdove onto Mocha to protecthim. WellI swear Mocha gave me a "what are you doing mom?!" look and came out ofthe safety of the little"burrow" I had made with my body forhim. It was great I tell you, he stuck his head out between my arms andmy head and gave me the funniest look before hopping off. I, notwanting Mocha to get hurt, grabbed the cat but still allowed Mocha tosniff but I had full control if some problem were to arise. Well theywere fine, the cat was actually licking Mocha so I let it go and thecat took off and Mocha tore off down the run after it. I swear theywere playing tag! But they loved each other. :shock:And thisis the same cat that Mocha attacked a while back.

I've come to the conclusion that Mocha doesn't know what species of animal he is! What do you all think?

P.S.- Spoiled rotten bunnies! I put them outside somewhere between 7and 9:30 AM every morning when weather permits and they stay out until9:30 PMwhen they go inside their hutch for the night. Luckybunnies!

Another great Mocha story!

He is a scorch! Resting, almost falling asleep while the cat lurked about.

It seems the cat has learned its lesson after the first encounter withMocha and has decided that this is not one that he/she wants to have asa foe. Smart cat!

Thanks so much for sharing that story.

BunnyMommy, I'll never tire of seeing Mocha in his uniform. I giggleevery time I see it. Thanks for putting it on this post. :)

-Carolyn

Aw. Sounds like what I used to do with Flopsy,well sort of. I used to play hide and go seek with Flopsy. He wouldhide in the kitchen and I would look for him. Then if I couldn't findhim I would say, "I give up Flopsy". And he would jump out of hishiding spot and run towards me then slide on the tile to me. It's likehe understands english. He was so cute when he was a baby. He lookedlike a bear.

I tell you guys, Mocha doesn't know what he is!He thinks he's a dog one day and a cat the next! I'm still waiting forthe day he realizes he's a rabbit!

LMAO! :D

Flopsy: What type of rabbit is that in your avatar?

I don't really know he is a pet store rabbit. Atfirst I thought that he was a cashmere, but the more and more I findout about rabbits. HE is seeming a different kind.

He changes colors though.

Spring: Dark Brown

Summer: White

Fall: Light Brown

Winter: Black

He's beautiful! Can you post some bigger pictures of him? :)

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I tell you guys, Mocha doesn't know what he is! He thinkshe's a dog one day and a cat the next! I'm still waiting for the day herealizes he's a rabbit!

You could be waiting for a L O N G time, My Friend!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back