Miss my babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Well, ever since the bunnies had to move out ofmy room to make way for the kittens, I've been missing their particularbrand of...attitude :). My brother and sister have been really greatand are taking good care of them, feeding, watering, giving them hay(they leave the cleaning to me, however...:X). But I miss Peanut'speeved thumps or Rex giving me "the eye" when I do something that's notto his liking. I mean, it's been nice not to have pellets and hay allover my floor, andrabbit fur tumbleweedseverywhere:)D), but I don't get bunny kisses either...

The kittens are great, they're getting huuuge, and will be five weeksold on Wednesday. They won't go up for adoption until 10 weeks, whichmeans I have to wait until they have all been adopted to move mybunsters back in. But that also means I won't have my cute and fuzzykitties anymore :(This is tough...

*sigh* I can't decide between bunnies and kittens! This shouldn't bethis hard *grrrrrr* I suppose I'll just have to enjoy the short time Ihave left with my "babies", and then get my other babies back for good.I just wish I could keep them all :D

P.S. We're keeping Scully, because she's reallysettled in here and made it her home. We'll have to work on introducingher to our resident cat (they've been peacefully seperate for now), butdo you think I can introduce her to the bunnies? I'll have a gate in myroom, so the bunnies stay put, but a cat could easily come and go.Beeper has never bugged them, but do you think Scully might try to doanything?

Hi m.e.,

Enjoy the present time you have with the kittens. The bunnieswill be back and then you'll be missing those kitten antics that are soadorable. As the song goes, Love the One You'reWith. :)

Personally, I'd introduce Scully to the rabbits sooner rather thanlater if she's a baby still. You might try it and see how itgoes.

-Carolyn

Too true, Carolyn. :) Scully is arather young cat, I wouldn't think more than a year old, but as long asthe babies are around, she's in super defensive mode. She is constantlyon the lookout for possible danger, and I don't think she'll settledown until her babies are gone. That's when I'll try introducing her tothe bunnies and see how things go...

I think that's a very wise decision, m.e. Your instincts are right on.

I know you miss your little buddies though. Time flies whenyou're having fun and they'll be home sooner than you think.

-Carolyn

Back