miscarriage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was back at the pet store where I boughtGracie 2 weeks agao, and found out that she apparently had amiscarriage a few months before I bought her. She's about 8months old now.

If she's had one miscarriage, does that mean she won't be able to breedat all in the future? Or could it the miscarriage have justbeen a result of her youth/ poor diet at the time?

She's in prime health now, I'll post some pics whenI get my camera hooked up again.:):bunnydance:

Although I'm not an expert, I wouldn't recommendbreeding a bun from a pet store. You don't know her history,and some lines of rabbits can have bad genetic issues. And isshe show quality?

What were the conditions she was kept in before? Poorconditions can cause miscarriages, although they do sometimes happen atrandom too.

chances are I won't breed her anyway- I'd rather rescue a current rabbit from the HS when the time comes.:)

There can be any number of reasons formiscarriage: uterine problems,young doe, sperm from youngbuck, congenital health defects with the young, hormone imbalance, etc.

Pam

Latest posts

Back