Mini rex rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAutRanch

Reaction score
Is there a site that shows the different colors they come in? Do they come in harlequin, sable, dutch?

Is it possible for to have a lop eared bunny with rex fur (a rex/lop mix of some sort)? If so, know anyone who breeds for them? I think I recall reading that crossing rexes, you don't get the rex coat. But has anyone tried crossing them with a lop, then crossing the babies with lop ears back to mini rexes? I was just wondering if they exist, b/c I LOVE lops but I also LOVE the fur of a rex, so I wondered if that existed in one bunny... I have the second best with a mini rex and some mini lops, but all that in one bun would be neat, so I'd love to find one if it's possible?

I had another question but I"ve forgotten it! Drat!

Jessi

I was talking with Peg (TinysMom) earlier...and she showed me pictures of a lop with rex type fur.

They are called Velveteen Lops...and are just as adorable as ever.

I hope that helps you and you are able to look them up and get one for yourself ;):biggrin2:.

Great....let me know if that was just what you were looking for :)!

If so...thank Peg :p...I wouldn't have been able to answer you if she hadn't shown me the Velveteen Lops today!

http://mr-colors.tripod.com/

That site shows the recognized mini Rex colours with photos. They do come in harlequin, sable and I think Dutch is in the BRC breed standard book, but I've never seen or heard of one.

Crossing the two would work, but as you said, the Rex coat wouldn't show in the first litter. I have seen a mini lop with a Rex coat in a pet store before, it was really cute!

You guys are great! I was about to ask if there was a breed with shorter ears than the Velveteen, and already see it was answered! I'm going to investigate these mini plush lops... and check out the color site, thanks! :)

Jessi (not planning on adding more buns, but enjoying researching for future?)

Latest posts

Back